New PS Audio speakers?

If you can raise the volume to 11, I may be able to hear it in the UK :smile:

3 Likes

Here’s the pictures from Mala Audio Analog Center.

11 Likes

And they sound like……?

Walt Disney’s new: Beauty and the Storm Trooper

1 Like

The Imperial March would be great to hear on them.

2 Likes

I believe the Boressen O5 that stand next to the Aspen AR30 are more than double the price.

A better comparison on a price level would be: the Boressen Z5, similar size shape and design of the O5, but same price range as the Aspen AR30 and also only available in black and white, not the displayed wood finish of the Boressen O5.

Now that the looks and cost facts are out of the way, bring on the music.

If they publish the sound comparison on YouTube I’ll audition them for you on my iPhone or Buchardt speakers and let you know which I think sounds best :grinning:.

The O5 is $120,000 in the US and the Z5 is closer to $50,000.

That’s because the Boressen are exported the other way over the pond.

With large speakers the country of oriigin becomes a big factor on pricing. In North America the comparison between the Aspen FR30 and the Boressen may be a no brainer.

In Europe the Aspen FR30 are EUR 43k and the Boressen Z5 EUR 40k.

The travel (transport costs, tariffs and middlemen markups) of the Aspen FR30 from China to Colorado to Europe cause the Aspen to have to stand their competition in Europe against speakers that cost about double in North America.

2 Likes

In all of Paul’s recent videos with the FR30 in them, I couldn’t help but notice they aren’t connected with Paul’s Reference AudioQuest Dragon Zero Speaker Cable. My curiosity is continually piqued as to why?

1 Like

Which is why this constant talk about price differential per countries and continents that you are the constant instigator of is no more relevant here then it has been when you’ve brought it up ad nauseum in the past.

2 Likes

I just watched the speaker installation/setup on Youtube. Did the movers throw away the boxes the speakers came in? Nice speakers, maybe I will own a pair one day. :thinking:

1 Like

I have my boxes, fully intact.

The did on two of the installs because that’s what the customers had asked them to do, but on the one where the customer asked to keep the packaging it was preserved and taken into the customers storeroom for him.

3 Likes

Boxes are the bane of this hobby. I keep all of mine, but they do consume quite a bit of room.

It’s easy to understand why some don’t want to store them. Particularly speaker boxes.

4 Likes

I’m thinking of getting rid of my enormous Wilson boxes just because it doesn’t seem logical to take up all the real estate for them. And Wilson will sell me (ouch!) boxes if I ever need them.

1 Like

I purchased a few PSA boxes last year. It was a very easy process.

I worry that as gear ages about how long manufacturers will have them available.

Paranoia will destroy ya… Or at least your storage area.:smile:

2 Likes

Did not know that was an option. Guess I need to email or message @jamesh ?

I have boxes for everything but my NuWave Phono. Probably not gonna ever get rid of it so I guess I don’t need a box. :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, we can always do that. Even thought the NuWave was discontinued a while back, we still have boxes because we use similar packaging for the Dectet.

5 Likes

False alarm. I’m never selling my NuWave, so I probably don’t need it. The only thing I’d probably do is trade up to a Stellar Phono, I’m which case I can manage to pack it up in the box that came in. Sorry to add to your what must be considerable inbox. I’ll remember to bug you for real should I need to. Thanks, as always, James. You guys take insanely good care of me.

Mike

1 Like

I’m a box keeper guy too haha. I need a new shed or sea can or something.

2 Likes