Loudspeaker Recommendations

I just love my Focus Audio FS 888’s but lately I have been getting itchy feet and may want a change. My room is a small 12x20 foot, or there abouts. I need something I can bi amp with my four Herron power amps.

Any suggestions, gang?

GoldenEar Triton 2, (goldenear.com)($3000) Awesome speakers!

What kind of music do you listen to most?

Outback folksongs? >:D<

What kind of music do you listen to most?

A great variety but I do enjoy female vocals, some jazz & a little pop/rock.

Budget?

Budget?

…probably the most important criterion of all for most of us. :o3

Speakers. Since we're on this subject, is there anything more difficult to make a recommendation for? Yikes.

Yikes is right.

It is a great topic, and I am curious to learn of the recommendations. But there are so many options and preferences.

I suggest listening to the Magnepan 3.7.

From a Maggie 3.7 owner - an emphatic yes!

I would recomment the Kef 203.2. They are the best with female focals.

It’s the most natural sounding loudspeaker in it’s price range I’ve heard. They work great in small rooms.

The only minus is they won’t go much lower than 50Hz, but they have fantastic midrange and hights. The 203.2 is build from 2007 and still on the market. I prefer them personally above the newer B&W 804 Diamond.

@rossop Von Schweikert VR5 Anniversary MkII…just broken in. May be my final stop on the audiophile train ride.

The budget is rapidly rising.

Is it not fun to spend someone else’s money?

Is it not fun to spend someone else's money?
Yes indeed!
Focal grande utopia. Very good on focals en maybe they fit in a small room :D

Is it not fun to spend someone else's money?

Spend as much as you like!

The focus audio was an expensive loudspeaker too. So with that budget you probably find a very good speaker for a small room.

Good luck!

rossop - get yourself the new Dynaudio Temptation Platinum and mortgage your whole future! :)

I love my Verity's. Tricky because of the rear firing woofer for room placement, but highly tuneable in room if you are prepared to work with them. My speaker train more or less ended with them..... (famous last words).

Van L Silhouettes. Beautiful, musical sound… invisible to the ear. You might miss the punch of the 888’s though. If we’re breaking the bank then Magicos.

http://www.vanlspeakerworks.com/silhouette.html

rossop - get yourself the new Dynaudio Temptation Platinum and mortgage your whole future! :)

I do like Dynaudio having owned the Contour 1.3 back in the day. Then I went B&W 805s now the 888s which, coupled with the Velodyne DD10+ sub, is a very dynamic set up. Its good to be able to adjust the bottom end.

Normally Dynaudio don’t allow biamping & neither do a lot of very good speakers.

Harbeth 30.1 have gotten raves… Fwiw I love my new Proac D30R, so many great speakers… Big mistake is that people try and shoehorn in bigger speakers than a room can support…

Not sure why you need to biamp… I’ve really never heard a biamp setup that sounded correct unless a very good electronic crossover was used… think Apogee’s and big Infinity’s…