I just read the press release and watched a
video on the tech they’re introducing. There is digital processing in practically every stage. It’s the complete the opposite of most all analog-first houses.
A couple of notes…
- Distortion removal strategy feeds back only the distortion to correct
- Digital phono EQ based on a tuning record with profiles
- DAC does jitter correction on an upsampled signal
- I’m really digging the VU meters
- Digital speaker impedance and phase matching system
- SMPS operating at fixed 500khz switching speed
I’m looking forward to some reviews.
Long ago and far away I had some Technics gear that made my jaw drop. It was just so darned good. I’d be fine if that happened again. I have a special place in my heart for that Brand.
I have also had good experiences with the brand.
I enjoy how the new SU-R1000 still looks like a piece of Technics kit. They did a nice job of including the brand’s styling cues.
My old Technics SU-V303 integrated amp was a work of art and one of the most solidly built pieces of electronics I’ve ever owned. Sold aways back tho.
Technics , I still have my old SA 1000 receiver.
I should dig it out of storage and see how it sounds, however it weighs 100 pounds but I should at least find a place to display it.I love the way those old Technics receivers looked.
I believe technics used all MOSFETs in their designs back in the day, a nice warm sound from what I remember.