Nice Price in USA. BUT Not In Denmark

China, and mining royalties. Just dig up the dirt, dump it in a ship, and it sails into the sunset.

People here do pay income taxes, it depends on your stage of life, and your personal circumstances. It’s just that my circumstances are what they are.

Ups, we also get pension from the state when we retire lol. And we love our princess from Australia.Travel insurance incl.

ha ha
We pay 180% in import tax for a car.
And the price of one gallon of Gasoline is 6.60 USD in Denmark. I do not know what the price is in the United States ??
But I would have a big problem if I were to move to the United States.
Then I would lose all the benefits I’m used to.
But the PS-AUDIO will be cheap.

Don´t get me Wrong.
I Love Living in Denmark

Of course we pay taxes in Australia. Brodric is being very tongue-in-cheek and as he says taxes etc are very dependent of your ‘time-of-life’… B has stated elsewhere he is now retired so lots of things change.
Below is the average taxes paid in Australia compared to OECD countries - Australia is very similar to the USA, but, cost of living is much higher is Oz.
WA and the Northern Territories (NT) are special within Australia. They comprise huge landmass with very low population. I’ve loaded a few maps to illustrate. WA & NT have the lowest population density of all the States and Territories. WA is one of the least densly populated states in the WORLD.
WA has a population of 2.64 million, NT has a population of 245,000.
Low income in Australia is officially defined as below AUD 66,667/pa.
Government paid pensions are income (means) tested. The maximum single person pension is AUD 894/ every two weeks. The maximum for a couple is AUD 674/ per person every two weeks.
If you have a private pension (very much encouraged) and pay yourself too much you lose access to government pension.
Schooling in Australia is not now free - parents are expected now to pickup many costs - its still relatively cheap compared to the USA but the cost is growing. Again, WA has one of the lowest costs for education but also a small population.
Private health cover is very much encouraged by the Federal government. If you are earning above average wages (AUD 80K+) you pay a surcharge if you don’t take out private health cover - Australia is moving towards a private/public funding model.

Australia a lovely place to live no matter its drawbacks. Whether it remains that way for the next generation and the ones after that remains to be seen.

NT_on_AlaskaOz_net_personal_tax_compared_to_worldOz_on_Nth_America

1 Like

Very interesting, thanks!

The map overlay of Oz onto North America is fascinating.

Especially when you consider that between them WA & NT occupy between 1/3 to 1/2 the entire map…

Yes, indeed.

Thank you for learning something new here…more lover from Denmark
http://denmark.dk/

1 Like

about 5000000 people :smile:
download%20(1)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Danmark/@55.8812718,6.9449322,5.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x464b27b6ee945ffb:0x528743d0c3e092cd!8m2!3d56.26392!4d9.501785

1 Like

I read recently that (I think it was) half the people here pay no net tax. That is, the welfare benefits etc paid by the government for this, that or whatever exceed what the people pay the government in incomes taxes. I am not a self-funded retiree, I collect a veterans pension which is significantly more generous - and tax exempt - than the aged pension.

The economics here are unsustainable. The government (state and federal) is in debt to the tune of billions of dollars with no hope of paying it back any time soon.

Thanks for the education!

2 Likes