From some mix of sources / inputs / songs - I am getting some occasional clipping/clicking sounds on the left channel of my sound setup. I am trying to isolate the issue, but having difficulty and wondering if you had any ideas, if it could be something in the analog part of the amp.
Tried a bunch of things isolating.
– Switching speakers left/right the issue is on the same side/channel
– Fixing banana plugs a bunch, reconnecting. Haven’t tried new cables or new banana plugs yet (but will do the latter soon)
– Source: Rega RP3 - new/old records - shows up with deeper bass and layers on radiohead LPs like In Rainbows (probably a heavy complex load). Could this be a weight balancing issue on the arm?
– Source: Bluetooth - also similar type of music. Complex layers, deep bass. Could this be loss in quality (as aptx isn’t being used)
Other potential issues:
– Have lots of devices nearby… could there be electrical interference (using a electrical wired ethernet adapter to get internet into the room)
– Speaker cable near TV / media devices?
– Amp is near right speaker and the turntable?
– Turntable is on a glass table on a wood floor about 3 fee from speakers (on a different surface - old wooden crate).
Lots going on here! Thanks for any ideas and help!