Original Boxes from your gear

Leica Store provide beautiful carrier bags with red rope handles. Silky smooth laminated finish. Unfortunately each bag costs about $5,000.

Yes - the Squirrel I brought indoors and named, “Jimmy”. I had trained him to put records on for me. Miss that little critter.

Speaking of language usage issuses, I had wanted to mention the following in the Pauls Post arena but thought better of it:

“Eats, shoots and leaves” always sounded to me like a woman’s shrugging lament to a girlfriend when she was asked “So, how did the date with Nigel go?”

2 Likes

This is the old panda bear punctuation joke.
A Times journalist, Lynne Truss, actually wrote a book on punctuation entitled with this line, it was very funny if a little technical.

Yep. Familiar with it, even though I like using commas as indicators of pauses, much as one would use a rest in musical notation. This practice may not strictly adhere to Proper English Usage.

Briefly back to squirrels, I live trapped 42 flying squirrels in my garage last winter. Adorably cute, but a bother. They are exceedingly social and live in large groups. Only one got into the house itself. With a 32’ ceiling he was able to out on quite a show.

Hilarious. Any videos?

Our office is concrete with suspended ceilings. We had a small family of squirrels living in there last year. The squirrel catcher came with cages and trapped them, and after a few days they came back. Homing squirrels. You’re not allowed to poison them, shoot them or put them in a sack and chuck them in a river.
Worse, I was playing golf on Sunday morning, I lobbed a ball to the green, a foxcame out from a bush, checked out my ball, put it in its mouth and off it went. Bloody cheek.
A fox’s tail is called a brush. Methinks, I have a Furutech Brush http://www.furutech.com/2014/08/06/9777/ that is excellent at cleaning records and even better at cleaning film before scanning. Perhaps a natural fox brush would do the job better?

Did you put the Regenerator box(es) inside another box? Just a thought.

yeah - you have to take them miles away from their area. I had a friend who had a trap, and I got tired of driving out to the country.

The flying squirrels needed to be moved some miles away. I would take the trap with me in the morning during my commute and drop them off in the woods on the way. I put them all in the same place so they would immediately find their buddies.

I did the same thing. I delivered at least 30 squirrels to their new park home.
Oh–and I learned thru the process that they preferred the cheapest peanut butter. My organic, free range, only the happiest of peanuts, they wouldn’t touch.