P20 Freezing

I just received this week a brand new P20. I haven’t been too impressed with the sound quality compared to my existing P15. I feel like I lost that black background and transparency. I’m not sure if it’s just the unit being brand new or if it’s the brand new cord since I went from a 15amp cord to a new 20 am cord. Both cords are the same vendor and model. I’ll give it more time until I fully assess the sonics.

The sound quality is not the biggest issue. What I’m having an issue with is that twice now the P20 front display and standby button completely freezes / locks up. The only way to get it back is to flip the switch in the back. Boot loader firmware is at 1.13. Do any of you have any suggestions on what could be going wrong. I read a similar post but I’m not using any triggers.

This is highly likely. A brand new P20 will need some hours before it’s sounding its best. The new power cable as well. Both will take time to settle into the new home.

It should, but make sure it has FW version 1.25. Bootloader 1.13 is current.

1 Like

Thanks James. Is the version listed as main the one your referring to. If so mine is at 1.25. Do you have any ideas as to why it keeps locking up.

You got it. Main should say 1.25. I have two guesses. 1, do you currently have the SD card plugged in the back? I vaguely remember hearing someone that would occasionally have freezing if they left that card inside. 2, it could be some kind of sequence of dim, standby, or another command that’s causing it.