P5 - A Puzzlement

Finally got a P5 to try out. Seems to function normally according to the manual and sounds ok, probably a little cleaner than without it. Display shows 6% THD in and 0.5% THD out. On a whim, I decided to check the noise on the power line with my Audio Prism noise sniffer. I have a few of their Quiet Lines strategically plugged in around the room’s outlets. There wasn’t a peep from the noise sniffer’s speaker on any outlet and at any setting of its volume control. Yet when plugged into any outlet on the P5, it blasted huge amounts of noise thru its speaker. So what does this mean??!

The noise sniffer is a narrow band filter focusing on a small range of noise that makes it seem effective as a sniffer, tuned right where the associated capacitor filter they sell lowers noise - so that the whole affair makes sense. Sniff the specific noise that the capacitor eliminates, thus it seems as if the power is clean, when in fact, only that narrow band of noise has been cleaned. It’s right in the range where the Power Plant as a small amount of noise from the regeneration circuitry. It’s not the kind of noise that affects audio equipment and the sniffer ignores noise that does.

Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Does the PS Noise Harvester act differently?

Paul McGowan said It's right in the range where the Power Plant as a small amount of noise from the regeneration circuitry.
What range is this?
It's not the kind of noise that affects audio equipment . . .
What kind of noise is it and why does it not affect audio?

Curiously . . .

miniguy said Does the PS Noise Harvester act differently?
Yes, in that it does not blink when plugged into a Power Plant.