P5 vs P10

Good idea, but I would miss the programmable switching capabilities of the unit. A great solution if you leave all your equipment on.

Regarding the impedence and sonics, does it effect source and amplification performance equally or one greater than the other?

I have BHK 300s on the floor and the rest of the components on a rack off to the side. Therefore I would need two Powerplants. I’ll go with a P10 for the amps but would a P5 serve equally well for the Pre, DSMP and DSD?

@speeddeacon I asked the Australian distributor the same question. The answer I received was use a single P10 for both amps & front end or better use 2*P10. Both a single or two P10’s were reportedly better than one P10 + one P5. The rational was that the single P10 wasn’t going to ‘max’ out with all equipment and it’s delivery/capability was better than the P5.

Exactly. The significantly lowered impedance of the P10 really matters for equipment and one P10 is better than two P5 when it comes to sonic performance.

xianharris said Can I turn the display "off" on my P3? The Display button on my remote doesn't do anything...thanks.
No you can't. The best you can do is control the brightness via the PowerPlay webUI which gives you several brightness level options, but "off" isn't one of them. BluTack and black cardboard might be your best workaround option if the display brightness is disturbing your luminary ambiance.
speeddeacon said

I have BHK 300s on the floor and the rest of the components on a rack off to the side. Therefore I would need two Powerplants. I’ll go with a P10 for the amps but would a P5 serve equally well for the Pre, DSMP and DSD?

One word. P20. Looking forward to it.

Paul McGowan said

Exactly. The significantly lowered impedance of the P10 really matters for equipment and one P10 is better than two P5 when it comes to sonic performance.

Paul are you saying that the lowered impedance matters equally for source and amplification then?

I know less than zero about the subject so please tolerate my ignorance. There is no mention of output impedance’s effect on sound quality in the product description either. So I guess I have to ask what determines the impedance of the regenerator units? I assume the answer will also provide insight as to why there is a difference in the impedance of the the P5 vs P10.

Finally, will the P20 have an even lower impedance?