Paul and PS Audio with an Innuos

Just came across @Paul and an Innuos in his latest video, would be very curious to see how he feels this compares to their proprietary Bridge and other streamers he may have tested. Is this the reference the new AirLens is about to be judged against?

3 Likes

I was wondering the same myself. Would be very happy if the AirLens is built to match or beat the Innuos Zenith.

But I suspect PS Audio might be looking to have an extra ace up the sleeve (so to speak) through the likely synergy between the Directstream MkII DAC and the AirLens. Fingers crossed @Paul’s optimistic assessment of what’s possible prevails and they’re both out in June-July.

I think that PS Audio bought the competition to do evaluations. At one point he discussed the performance of Aurender too.

It never hurts to have varying points of reference.

I just couldn’t wait on the AirLens any longer and bought a Aurender N150 streamer. In my system feeding the DirectStream Sr. the Aurender sounds better than the Bridge II.

3 Likes

Congrats on the Aurender, @tech-hifi. If you want that extra push over the cliff in sound quality, try removing the Bridge II from your DS Sr.

1 Like

I have the “bargain” N100H model, and I think it sounds incredibly good.

2 Likes

We’ve been listening to it for quite a while now. I’ve been quite pleased with it so far. Sound is good and the UI is great too. I’m very curious how the Airlens compares.

1 Like

@jamesh Are we getting close to ETA release date or month for the AirLens and or the DSD MkII ?
Budgeting in for both but factors weighing on the decision process. Any input is helpful to help allocate $$$. Thanks James

1 Like

Dev is going very well. Seems like it should be hitting the market by early fall. I’m hoping that’s not too optimistic either.

1 Like

Which model is this? I believe it’s either a Zen MK3 or Zenith MK3

It’s the Zenith MK3 in there.

2 Likes

Hi @jamesh, thanks for letting us know. There’s good and bad in this in one go. Great that September"ish" is looking like it’s achievable for both the AirLens and Directstream, but a bummer it will be 5 months or so!