Photography

Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center deep in the pandemic but it was not crowded so I enjoyed it a great deal.

9 Likes

For all that posted pictures or interested (I know I’m repeating myself), I was an electronic counter measures tech on the SR-71 and U-2 from 77 to 80 (Beale CA, Okinawa and England). Later stationed at Wright Patt when they flew one of the last SR-71s to the museum. It will always be one of the greatest things I have ever done…didn’t really know it then…fun to see her again today.

6 Likes

thank you for your service and all that… but what we really want to know is did you “appropriate” any good NOS tubes from the Air Force??

2 Likes

nope, all solid state. Did record to tape though.

2 Likes

Full Spectrum Fujifilm XT-1 with 720 nm filter these are the first few shots I have gotten out of it in a warmer climate. I had my camera converted by Kolari Vision. I will be exploring other lens filters in the future. Really interested in the Aerochrome filter.

12 Likes

A few years ago I had the opportunity to photograph a very rare bird. One of the last remaining CASA 2111E/Heinkel He-111 bombers. This bird is still flight capable, although no way the owners would take that risk. Back in the 60’s there were only 2 of these aircraft still flying and both starred in the movie “Battle of Britain”. She currently resides at the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison Texas.

10 Likes

Also from the Cavanugh Flight Museum, A fully restored Corsair F4U-1C (NX451FG) that still flies. You can even go for a ride.

10 Likes

I know most folks here are still experiencing the throws of winter… well, we aren’t. It topped out at 84°F/28°C today and my hellebores are in full bloom. Weird.

13 Likes

Virginia Creeper Trail

8 Likes

one of the first businesses “allowed” to own property in Cuba.

7 Likes

the inner sanctum. The market, worldwide has exploded. Some of the cigars we smoked were worth $5k in Europe or the Middle East.

6 Likes

Wowzah! Talk about “up in smoke”!

3 Likes

9 Likes

They were pouring the concrete for my pool this morning. It was quite loud so I decided to take a solo run to the Oark General Store for a burger and pie. It is 58 miles from my home. It would be hard to find a more beautiful drive. Here are some of the photos I stopped for along the way.

Uploading: 81A5EB42-2279-4D05-B776-6F71BA6B878D.jpeg…

That’s the Mulberry River. Its emerald green color comes from the minerals in the rocks.
The Oark General Store is the oldest continuously operating store in Arkansas, since 1890. It’s more of a cafe now, known for their burgers and pie.

The photos were taken on 215 N between Cass on the Pig Trail and Oark.

15 Likes

Here’s the store. It’s a bad picture because it was crowded. That’s my Boxster T.

What makes the drive cool is I get to run about 1/3 of the Pig Tail, including the overlook, and then 215 along the Mulberry River. I enjoy it this time of year, before the leaves are out, so you can see. It becomes more of a green tunnel under full foliage.

6 Likes

I have been to this cafe and adore the pig trail. I typically spend a week in Arkansas each year, riding sport bikes.

2 Likes

Now a massive shopping centre

6 Likes

I see speakers and a subwoofer!

1 Like

More Chanel and Rolex. The whole area completely redeveloped.

I see animals.

6 Likes