Power Plant 20 Kudos

This is an excerpt from Steve Huff Photo & HiFi community page:

So last week I tried out a PS Audio Powerplant 12. It wasn’t enough for my amps and system as the pass labs XA60.8 monos use 300 watts each just while on. The 12 ran the fan non stop (and it even clicked, easily heard with music on). So now this arrived. The PS Audio PP20. This is the most powerful and largest power plant from PS audio. So it’s in the system now and without question, without hesitation, without any shred of doubt it changes the sound of my system. It has literally improved bass, solidity, treble, soundstage, and made the sound more organic, dynamic, pure and sweet. It’s also more holographic and expansive without a hint of glare. It added even more body to the music, yet minute details are now easily heard. This PP20 is huge. It’s expensive. It will not perform magic for all. It depends on the quality of your electric. These products get labeled as Snake Oil by some. It’s not snake oil, rather it’s something that is not for everyone. My electricity is not the greatest even though we live in a secluded rural area. The PP20 regulates the voltage from my wall, which ranges from 114-128 depending on time of day. It’s also eliminating DC. It’s also reconstructing a purer distortion free power, and thus results in clean, noise free, jet black silence from where music emerges. I’d say if you have dirty power, the PP series will improve your system, and protect it. That’s what it is doing here. I had an audioquest 1200 Niagara in, but it was more or less a small clarity boost with protection. The PS audio has truly made my reference system better and also eliminated some hiss and buzzing from gear I have here. Proof it’s doing something good. So no snake oil here, nor could it be. These are sold with a 30 day trial period. Meaning PS audio will refund you if you send it back within that time. These are not sold at a carnival sideshow. They are backed by a no risk trial which is perfect. As I said, If you have perfect power, then this will not do much for you. If you do not, then it just might. Of course, I’d only recommend these products in higher end systems, and those with a need for a power fix. This is a one and done product and I feel the PP15 is the sweet spot in the lineup. These have shown me that yes, power matters.

9 Likes

EHH is this a report on someone else’s P20
or yours?

In either case good reading…thanks

Best wishes

1 Like

This review Steve Huff posted on his YouTube community page today.

I have a P20 and two P15s, and couldn’t I agree more with Steve’s assessment of the Power Plants.

2 Likes

Wow thats great. He just did one on the P12, and liked it so much upgraded before his 30 days was up…lol. Wonder if someone is throwing some chairs around in his “measuring” lab. Mine is on the way. I ended up buying one for a great deal. Moving my P10 to the theater rack and the P20 will be my 2 channel system.

4 Likes

Link?

Thats weird. I know I saw the P12 review on youtube he did. Someone else beat me to posting. Now I cannot find that one nor this one above. That looks like the pic from his home review setup. But I cannot find either. Very strange. I am at work so who knows what the proxy here is blocking.

Our P20 went in this weekend replacing a P10. The sound of our system is so much “fuller” particularly with bass.

5 Likes

I think I will get a PP to plug the toaster into. I know it will improve the quality of the toast.

9 Likes

Don’t forget your pop corn popper…fluffier kernels you know :innocent:

Just don’t tell uncle Paul!!

Best wishes

4 Likes

I have a P12 on the AV stack, a P12 on the 2 channel source stack, and a P20 on each BHK 300. And I am thinking about one more P12 for my soon to be assembled sunroom system. :thinking: I might hook the air popper to that one.

4 Likes

Better find a way to measure that toast…but don’t take photos…

3 Likes

Baldy it might be simpler to get a whole house regenerator… :grin:

Idea for uncle Paul

Best wishes

2 Likes

Only Rye toast. Everything else is too toasted.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the microwave… :grin:

The next generation of regens will have an electron colorizer
with color temperature…to further fine tune your sound!! :innocent:

Amazing…

What color are electrons anyway? :grin:

1 Like

Maybe Elon’s wall would do it. But there’s not much sunshine in Michigan to convert to stereo energy.

1 Like

I think it depends on the THC quantity.

1 Like

I have had a P20 on trial in my system since 4-6. It seems to have "Broken In " a bit since then, be it the 2m AQ Tornado power cord or the P20 itself. I am using the full current socket connected to my dedicated 20 amp line. The sound has gotten progressively better. All comparisons are in reference to my Synergistic Power Center UEF with Galileo power cord. The upper midrange prominence and glare the P20 started with are now gone. The bass is superior. The soundstage is both wide and deep. Different from the Synergistic but not necessarily better. The issue I now have is that with the P20, the air around each image seems to be a bit more dense, slightly damping the leading edge and decay. Optically it would be like a fine pair of binoculars very slightly misfocused. If you never listened with the Synergistic, you might never notice this. Right now the two are almost neck to neck with pros and cons balanced out. I’d just like the P20 to become the clear winner. Others have said the Power Cord of a Regenerator is highly important. I find myself wondering if a better cord would make the difference?

2 Likes

Hey vetted-sound…

If you need and additional power cable to from P20 to wall
the cable company does offer SR cables that you can audition
from their lending library…

This would allow you to try an additional cable from P20 to wall.
If it doesn’t pan out then return.

Wouldn’t hurt giving them a shot…

Best wishes

1 Like