Problem installing USB driver for PWD-1 on Windows machine

According to the installation manual for the USB 2.0 driver, “this driver will not help you if you have a PWD-1”! It’s apparently just for the Mark II. Very p/o’d right now, since I’ve spent an hour poking around the psaudio website and there are no clues about what driver you should use for the PWD-1. I’m trying to connect it to a machine running Windows 7. Can someone please help?

The Mark I driver is installed in windows by default, it should just plug and play. The Mark II and the DS and the NPC need the driver from the PS Audio web site.

Dennis

Thanks for the reply. It’s not working, though. The Windows machine doesn’t recognize the PWD-1 when I plug it in with a USB cord.

It’s a Windows 7 machine-- wonder if that is the problem? Windows 7 might not have been out yet when the PWD-1 was released.

That’s weird, mine worked on windows 7 until I upgraded to a Mark II. I’ll try one in the morning in the office to make sure.

Dennis

Try removing the USB cable at both ends, rebooting your windows machine and PWD, after both are fully recovered THEN replug the USB to the PWD and THEN to the computer.

It is an old Dennis trick and often works.

I just tested a Mark I on a windows 8 machine and it works. So it also works on windows 7, and XP. If it does not work try reloading the code, and if it still does not work contact alexp@psaudio.com because it sounds like your Mark I has an issue.

Dennis