PS Audio M700 vs M1200

I may have arrived at my final destination. I have 3 preamps and 3 poweramps. Tube, hybrid and solid state, and switch back and forth between all of them. The M1200’s are an important part of the equation

1 Like

With your more in-depth investment in hi-fi gear, you are quite ahead of me. I got sucked down the rabbit hole years ago with the move from vinyl/NAD/B&W to Levinson/ Klipschhorns then downsized my life.
Now starting the journey again.
Some of us never learn.

1 Like

Super integrated like a Luxman or Rega Osiris is the way to go over an m700 separates combo.

I’m not trying to start another riot.

Just consider, what if, the separates are better/more purist/less compromised argument is wrong, or only right under certain circumstances?

This isn’t a troll post.

1 Like

I dunno! What if? Lol

2 Likes

What if. Indeed! So many individual decisions to make:
-is 4K video a requirement
-is mm/mc vinyl a player
-streaming and/or SACD player
-pure stereo vs Surround
-rack space
-budget

So many decisions!

1 Like

Just don’t listen to those Ask Paul videos. Go to hi fi store and listen and decide what you think sounds best!

With Levinson gear you were way ahead of me.
My final destination comment is regarding preamps & power amps.
Speakers, I might be at my final destination and simply switch back and forth between 2 speaker systems along with the pre/power amps, or I could go for an inexpensive Magnepan like the 1.7i or the reportedly EXTREMELY good sounding FR20

1 Like

The Rega Osiris might be a fantastic product, but it is not for everyone.
It does not have tubes.
It does not have a preamp out function, so it cannot be used with my classic Infinity speaker system.
But glad it works good for you

3 Likes

You can get some good advice and listening experience at your local audio store. BUT, remember the environment will always be better/different than your home environment. I spent a lot of time listening to products at my local audio store, made a decision and realzed when I set it up at home, nothing was as it sounded in the store environment.
Just saying.

1 Like

Totally agree. But I wouldn’t think the goal is to replicate the sound of the store.

2 Likes

…you’d have nothing else to go by, and it would be different.

1 Like

Agreed. That’s what is good about PS Audio and TMR, that 30 day home trial.

1 Like