PS Audio Music Server In The Pipeline?

A rose is a rose is a rose…

It will most certainly serve as a bridge to move signals from Ethernet (or networked source) to DAC.

Looking forward to some pictures of the prototypes…

Best of luck with the product line, Paul.

2 Likes

A couple of companies call a external box a bridge.

This, and the various uses of “streamer” and “server” leads to a good deal of confusion.

1 Like

Yep. Like the one (no longer in production) that @chris5 mentioned. I am looking to find one of these to try at a decent discount on the used or discontinued market:

I want to see if it will beat the performance of the Bridge II Ethernet card I run with now.

Do we have a ship date as of yet? I’m in the need of an end point and I’m looking at options. I’d rather stick with an I2S solution that’s compatible with the DSD. It’s been a long wait.

1 Like

I can’t say with any certainty when it (I assume you mean the AirLens, fka, Bridge III) will be released, but I asked if it would be released before or simultaneously with the DS Mk II and James said most likely not. No official date for the DS Mk II either but based on Ted’s recent comments I wouldn’t expect it until at least February. As such, the AirLens probably won’t arrive until April or later. All (educated?) guesses at this point, but the world is a confusing place lately and nothing seems to happen like you expect.

2 Likes

Likewise!

Just to throw it out there. Sonore’s products are rock solid and switch perfectly between Roon and whatever DLNA program you like. I don’t see PSA’s new end point ever supporting DLNA. They did that with eLyric and it was a barely okay. Oh ya, Sonore has an I2S solution but it is another box. Runs off usb power though (I use a matrix and separate power supply).

1 Like

Hi @Paul. That’s great to hear! Very much looking forward to seeing the AirLens and Directstream MkII DAC in 2022 :grinning:

1 Like

The dCS Bridge is a serious piece of kit and I doubt bears comparison to the PSA Bridge.

I regret not buying a dCS Bridge in the first place 4 years ago, but it did not support Qobuz at the time. It is by no means redundant. They are only stopping to make it because it has become too expensive to manufacture for the price they want to charge.

I have been looking for one, I would happily get one when prices come down, if they ever do. Used prices are still higher than the new price in 2017.

2 Likes

Perhaps best to drop the “We” and “people” reference…. Better to speak for yourself I think.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Octave Questions

My word choices are deliberate referencing group behaviors. There are always exceptions.

And you are absolutely welcome to disagree with me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

People gripe and complain about everything. That’s what we do no matter how ridiculous it might be.

1 Like

Some do. Others are pleased. Lots of opinions out there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is your problem with people paying for everything they own but trying to avoid license fees?

What gives you the right to judge people like that?

1 Like

Easy team! I took the comments as more in general about people! For myself, it is funny because I spend a lot more a month on Bandcamp than I would on streaming subscriptions. Particularly during Corona I assume this is a better way to ensure that living artists receive compensation from me / can earn some dough from their art. But these generous thoughts might just be rationalizations for my hoarding and obsessive file backups!

5 Likes

I have the same right as your ridiculous comment saying the opposite.

My impression is Bandcamp is indeed better for the artists.

If more thought like you and cared, artists could make a reasonable living.

2 Likes

Support the artists to the best of your ability. These are trying times for them. Not that pre-corona the average local or regional musician was raking in the do-re-mi. BandCamp is a fine way to do it, as is purchasing directly from them and attending their live performances.
In this case I am not talking about reissues of performers long gone, or mega-hit wonders, (@#$%filintheblank) but those struggling to make a measly living off their art.

At the risk of sounding like I am virtue signaling (I am not), I have purchased more music (CDs and SACDs) in the last three years than in the previous ten. Roon lifetime subscription (exposure to more music through Tidal and Qobuz), PS Audio equipment (better DAC [DSD Sr.] and better disc spinner [DMP]), this forum (exposure to more music through member recommendations and commentary) and Octave Records (the opportunity to support contemporary artists) have driven my purchases.

If my increased interest in enjoying and purchasing recorded music is helping some artists, so be it. Ideally, that’s how the bargain is supposed to be made. (Here is a little virtue signaling: If I discover a recording or new artist on Roon or from recommendations here and consider it a new favorite worthy of my music library, I try to make a point of buying a physical copy of the record (CDs and SACDs) if it is available.)

Cheers.

4 Likes