PWD2 USB Instructions & Why the Bridge?

Welcome, Zoicoster!

thank you!

@gordon

That’s pretty much the way the system is set up except for the following:

1) The 4 McIntosh MC-501’s are near the speakers they power.

2) The computer, router, and the external 4TB drive are directly on the other side of the wall from the system stack. Carpenter drilled through the wall so the cable runs from the PC & external drive are less than 2M to the PWD/PWT

So, once I get the Cardas USB cable, will I be able to do A/B (USB vs. Bridge) comparisons on-the-fly? That would be cool.

Just got word that Cardas shipped the Clear Beyond 2.5 USB Type A M/M cable. Soon I will be able to A/B Bridge vs. USB input.

what brand and type nas server is best. I am setting my new office and want to do this … office cpu are pc… thoughts please

I say that you can’t go wrong with Synology. Just don’t get the ‘j’ models if you anticipate doing anything more that the very basic NAS services and/or more than one data stream at a time. Audio mught suffer from the limited compute power in the bottom of the line ‘j’ models.

Others will certainly have their preferences aand there are several other excellent NAS choices available.

J.P.

Oops…the Cardas Clear Beyond USB cable arrived today. For reasons that surpass all understanding, I ordered it with both ends terminated in male Type A connectors. Goes back to Cardas next week for re-termination of one end to male Type B.