PWT Repeat Album function - problems?

Has anyone else had their PWT stop playing a CD when the Repeat Album function is selected? I’ve noticed this happening a few times on my PWT. It might get through a number of “repeats”, but sometimes I’ll check it and it will be stopped. Sometimes it will play and repeat fine for multiple hours (I’m burning it in). Using FW 1.22.

I recall repeating an album only once (this sounds like an oxymoron) and I think it went over night without an issue.

Hmm, yes I’ve had that happen, but I’ve also seen it stop randomly after some amount of time.

nope…i’ve never seen this happen with mine. have used the repeat function many times and never seen it stop on its own.

did have my dog stop play once (not in repeat mode) by nosing around the remote… but shes never liked my musical taste/selections to to begin with. :smiley:

Hmm, is it possible I hit the front panel by mistake? I’ll have to keep a closer eye on this.

tony22 said: is it possible I hit the front panel by mistake?

Yep. :)

Hmm, another observation. If I stop playing a CD but leave it in the PWT, then maybe a day later play it again while staying in Repeat mode, I see the progress bar at the bottom of the screen fill up quickly like it’s re-reading the disc or something. Both times I then walked away assuming the CD would start playing (since this is just for burn in my amp is turned off). When I walk back sometime later I notice the disc is not playing. Making another press and this time a careful look to see if it’s playing shows that it does start up. I think from here on in it then Repeats as it should.

tony22 said: If I stop playing a CD but leave it in the PWT, then maybe a day later play it again while staying in Repeat mode,

Leaving the PWT on, but having hit the stop button?

I tried the album repeat with a 24/192 DVD I burned. It happily repeated until I turned it off.

As an odd suggestion, have you tried more than one CD? All sorts of indexes, flags, etc. can be loaded onto a CD. Perhaps some do not work well on repeat.
Leaving the PWT on, but having hit the stop button?

Yes.

As an odd suggestion, have you tried more than one CD? All sorts of indexes, flags, etc. can be loaded onto a CD. Perhaps some do not work well on repeat.

Hmm, I have to say I haven't. I normally use my IsoTek CD for this kind of thing. I could try regular music CD. Alex did tell me when I spoke with him on the phone that the early PWTs had their touch displays mounted a little differently, and that in some cases that created panel control and response issues. I wonder if mine is one of these?