I notice that my DirectStream DAC’s (DS) max volume output is about 5db lower than NuWave DAC’s.
Is that expected or there is something wrong on my DS? Could you help?
Here is way I used for test:
- DS F/W version: Sunlight
- Sound level meter: TES-1350A (https://www.amazon.com/SSEYL-TES-1350A-Sound-Level-Meter/dp/B00U6VEXZ6)
- Connect DS to amplifier via XLR output
- Connect DS to player via optical input
- Set max volume 100 on DS
- Set Level: High
- Place sound level meter TES-1350A at a distance of 15 cm in front of Left or Right speaker.
- Play 1kHz tone.
- Measure sound pressure level with TES-1350A
- Switch to NuWave DAC (optical input, Native)
- Measure sound pressure level
- Compare result between DS and NuWave.