REL High Level + ARC Genesis

The RCA and Balanced cables used with the low level inputs sound fine but require more expensive interconnects. Most of the REL users I know who have full range main speakers follow RELs advice and use the supplied high level cables. I bought uograde high level cables for my setup when doing a two channel setup with full range mains. I am not certain I heard much if an improvement with the upgrade cables.

If you have a pair of class AB amplifiers and a single sub using the high level cable is more difficult. If you use a single stereo amp and a single or two subs itā€™s easier.

But to tell you the truth I wouldnā€™t sweat it. If you are happy with where you are stay there. Not having ARC in your system means you donā€™t really have a concern in this case. The point of this thread is for people who have Anthem and REL gear.

FWIW, @Pandas2, I agree with Al. Try the high-level, Speakon connection and see what you think. I would abandon this approach only if you have access to a quality speaker/room correction software, like Anthemā€™s ARC. IME, ARC is an excellent speaker (particularly subwoofers) integration tool. Many believe that DSP is anathema to Hi-Fi. Maybe that is true with more ā€œheavy-handedā€ software, but I find ARC focuses on the mid-to-lower frequencies with a ā€œlight touchā€ and does wonders for two channel listening (not to mention it is a killer DSP for setting up multi-channel HT layouts).

The thing about subwoofers is that the room dictates where they sound best. You will have to move your sub(s) around to find the best room response for bass, but I am all in on RELs recommendation for connecting their subs, sans a great subwoofer integration software option.

Good luck to you.

1 Like

Absolutely amazing advice!

I see this thread does not really apply to what I am asking.
Just thought it would be good place to post my question.

I have been Using a Chord Sub cable since I purchased my REL.

Will plan on continuing doing so unless I finally get around to trying the other option.

I think proper tuning and set up is of the upmost importance.

Need to get my friend/dealer over here to help with this.

I think I upgraded my speakers since he was last here.

Most appreciated

1 Like

Yes,

Very good points you make.

I do think placement and proper setup is more important than how the Sub is wired.

But it certainly does not hurt to try the REL Option.

But there is also something to say about a good dealer.

I could not tame my old cheap sub woofer without putting RANE on it.

Not needed for my current system.

Again ,

Thank you for all the most appreciated replies.

1 Like

@Pandas2, thought you might appreciate a link to these videos:

According to REL you can connect to both the LFE and high level inputs to get the best of both worlds. More info. available at the REL website.

Cheers.

1 Like

I actually used both in my theater setup at one timeā€¦

1 Like

Hello,

Yes I have looked at these videos several times and have The Audio Doctor CD somewhere around here.

Most appreciated

On second thought,

I think I did miss seeing this video.

Looks easy to use both Hi Level and LFEā€™S.

Will give this try.

Thank you

1 Like

Any update as to how you got this sorted?

TIA.

Great to hear from you.

I ordered the Signal Cable for hooking up my Sub the Rel way.

It a much better connection using spades instead of the tiny bare wire that came with the stock REL cable.

It is to early to tell if this is an improvement.

But I really need my dealer to come over and adjust my REL.

I have made several changes to my system since it was last properly set up.

Will keep you updated.

Thank you,

Mathew

1 Like