Revelation Audio Labs hdmi cable - any owners using theirs for home theatre?

Thought I’d add a quick update.
Watching one of the Back to the Future 4K discs, probably the first one, I noticed on an outdoor scene that it was actually filmed inside. I could tell this from the sound, it didn’t have that airy, spacey sound of being recorded outside, sound was very tight and clear, you could hear it being ‘closed in’ as if inside, which I presume it was recorded in an indoor sound stage.
Just an indicator of the quality of the RAL hdmi.

2 Likes

Hello very interesting.

Do you have any idea of the data rate ?

Do you think it’ll work with 4K UHD HDR eARC ?

Thanks for your kind help

I put the RAL between my Oppo and my Anthem AVM 60. Haven’t tried it yet as I have new everything everywhere.

My system is 4K but I don’t use eARC.
Works great in my system.

I hooked up my RAL HDMI cable between my Oppo and my Anthem AVM60. It did not work. the Anthem reported no signal. Replacing the RAL with any other HDMI cable worked.
I am not certain what to think. Perhaps the cable needs repair. Sending it back seem foolish.

I am assuming other HDMI cable removed worked immediately before. Plus neither video or sound worked. There is always possibility that the RAL has functionality ii2S but not HDMI pin out due to a conductor open for regular HDMI. They do use different pinouts for function. Does seem odd unless your setup elsewhere has a selection issue or other hardware issue.

If you’re like me you hooked to wrong HDMI port connecting blind. I am guilty of that on occasion.

Na, I used lots of light and had my eyes real close. I placed the replacement cable into position and pulled the connector for the RAL out and put the replacement n on both ends.

The RAL s an HDMI cable and I feel it should wrk as an HDMI cable.

It might have a physical problem as it is not a very sturdy build.

Am actually grateful it failed. What if it worked? What if it was better? Bah!

Put it back in an audio loop wit matrixit is worth pulling Brad’s chain. He may have a warranty policy worth amusement.

Return it with a random prayer from an obscure religion in the crown bag.

1 Like