My recent experience with Revelation Audio Labs

There have been several members logging complaints about their experiences with Revelation Audio Labs.
This is not to minimize or de-legitimize their experiences.
Last Friday, I spoke to Brad about some of his cables. He offered me a package deal on the cables I wanted, including his HDMI. He told me he had them in stock and would ship overnight.
I placed the order and they arrived two days later.
Thru the entire experience, he was very pleasant, professional and willing to discuss his designs and his reasoning for their expected performance improvement.
Just fyi.

1 Like

Am I safe?

Sleep with the lights on

1 Like

Well please tell me he did not send you the 1.25 M HDMI I commissioned/ paid in full for on 14 April. Lol :joy: if so those are not tears of joy. If so his fulfillment of orders FIFO promise on his website is over ridden when you buy bulk.

If so a 1.25 M HDMI. please tell me how my cable I ordered sounds in your system.

1 Like

I’ve been disappointed in the perceived quality of the umbilical cords supplied with my three chassis Pass preamp. But then, they don’t pass any control, only power and control functions.
Revelation separates power from control and I guess use better materials. They look the part, while the stock ones look like why Radio Shack went out of biz.
The Revs gave an immediate improvement in clarity. Brad claims they need a couple hundred hours. We’ll see.
I haven’t installed the hdmi yet. I’ll wait for the umbilicals to break in.

Sorry to hear.
Mine is 1.75 m

Al
Did you like the hdmi right out of the velvet bag?

I did Ron, right out of the bag.

Now that I think about it, when I installed the RAL HDMI I also switched my power supply from 7v to 9v on my Matrix. That couldn’t have hurt, but I fear it may be a part of the reason I heard such an improvement. I hope not.

1 Like

Whew. Thanks for lying to me if it was not. I needed that reassurance!

1 Like

I haven’t tried it yet. I never make more than one change at a time.

1 Like

Sure enough :roll_eyes:

Aha!

1 Like

I installed the 0.75M RAL HDMI cable after I had the 6V Sbooster in place and was comparing the WW Platinum S7 HDMI with the RAL HDMI back and forth with the same results. The RAL just brings so much more clarity and excitement to the music that you just couldn’t go back. I wanted a 0.5M, but Brad said 0.75M minimum for best sound, and you cannot change voltage on the Sbooster, the voltage is fixed. I didn’t want to get the 9V Sbooster because I didn’t want to burn out the Matrix prematurely and the unnecessary excessive heat generated.
The 0.75M RAL was not in stock and Brad said he can assemble one for me so maybe that is why it took 3 months.

1 Like

Guys, please, enough already with all the talk about Revelation, Wireworld, Iconoclast, Shunyata, et al. Didn’t you get the memo announcing that AudioQuest is the new cable sheriff in town?

J/K! :smiley:

4 Likes

never been a rule follower

2 Likes

My experience with Audioquest is my brother brought over a pair of Audioquest Wild interconnects ($4200 1 meter) which is second only to Wel Signature to my place to try and it is really good, but in my system the WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 7 ($3000 1 meter) slays it, I mean completely slays it. How’s that, aangen? I do not want to undersold WW.

1 Like

I’m a loner, and a rebel Dottie.

1 Like

But what? Everyone I know has a big "But…? C’mon, Simone, let’s talk about your big “But”.

Apropos of nothing…

If you care— I left the DMP/DSD running overnight and after only about 24 hours, the Revelation HDMI, compared to my Wireworld Platinum is quite a bit more revealing. I’ve been listening to Stan Getz Plays Jobim and the reverb is substantially more obvious. This gives a more distinct impression of the space of the studio. It allows much more detail to come thru; flesh on the bass strings, air thru the sax, singer’s breath.
On the down side, it also tells you all about the grain or other crap in a crappy recording.
Hopefully over time, it or my brain will smooth this out. Brad claims at least 100 hours is needed.
So far, I think it’s a keeper.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing Did you notice any difference s in soundstage depth too?

I thought some of the same impression of WWPS7. I am looking forward to more of the same.