RIP Neil Peart

Phil Collins was cool with Brand X!

3 Likes

Indeed

2 Likes

Collins was a smart musician as well. I donā€™t remember where I saw it, but thereā€™s a interview with him where he speaks about the unique stylings of Ringo Starr and how hard it is to repeat that. Very insightful.

3 Likes

Another tribute of sorts (this author gets it): Daily Wire Article On The Passing of Beloved Musicians/Artists

2 Likes

ā€œand every place with a name, they play the same territorial gamesā€ .ā€œHiding behind the liesā€ā€¦

1 Like

Sorry for chiming in so late on this thread. Iā€™m on Vacation in various locations in Mexico and havenā€™t really paid much attention to the PS Audio forums. I heard the news via CBC alert on my iPhone as we were about to leave for PHX Airport. The only Rush related music I had on my phone was Neil Peartā€™s Big Band version of The Hockey Night in Canada theme. Our other Canadian National Anthem !

As one of the many Canadianā€™s in the PS Audio Forumā€™s. Rush and my fellow Hamiltonian (by birthplace) shares a special bias and & bond with those of us listening to FM Radio in the Toronto area in the late 70ā€™s and early 80ā€™s. Hard not to jerk a tear while writing this post two weeks after the day he left this earth.

While Iā€™ve never met any of the Rush members, Peart has been known to send out personal postcards to Drummers heā€™s crossed generous paths with. He is/was a VERY private person. His sickness was only known to his very tight inner circle including the surviving members of Rush. Gord Downie died of the same type of Brain Cancer less than 3 years ago. He came out in public about it and The Tragically Hip did a Canada only farewell tour. We would lose him a year later (Iā€™m jerking more tears right now).

Rush was the Brains of Canadian Rock Music and The Tragically Hip were itā€™s soul.

As I & other Canucks Air Drummed to anything Neil Peart played growing up. He is The Greatest ROCK Drummer ever to grace this earth. I am biased by my opinion and am proud of that Bias !

Wanna fight meā€¦letā€™s take it out in the playground after school !

Rush lost original Drummer John Rutsey a few years ago and nothing was really made of it publicly. He is prominently given his dues in the Rush Pantheon. The Family still receives Royalties from sales of the 1974 Album, and any officially release live stuff DVD/BluRay?CDā€™s.

This is turning into a Spinal Tap kinda thang (ā€œWhereā€™s My Thangā€ anyways).

Peace from Mexico,
Joe

2 Likes

Pictures from the front row are by my Son atop my shoulders at Bluesfest, Ottawa, Ontario July 2010. When the alcoholics had to pee during the intermission, a bunch of us Dads with our kidā€™s in tow ā€œrushedā€ to the front row. My Son was a budding Drummer at the time and was 10 1/2. Iā€™ve them 8 times in Canada and twice in Pennsylvania. This was my favorite show cause my Son was with me. He & I didnā€™t go to the 40th Anniversary show in T.O. And of course, we regret it :cry:

ā€œSuddenly, you were gone, from all the lives you left your mark uponā€

2 Likes

Apocalypse in 9/8 from Supperā€™s Ready but I donā€™t need to tell you that. Glad youā€™re out and about on these forums again.

1 Like

Rings was the reason my Son & countless others wanted to be a Drummer ! Donā€™t push the Red Button !

2 Likes

That, and ā€œThe Grand Parade of Lifeless Packagingā€ which turns into a complete freak out at the end.

Chemo is in theory complete as of last Friday. I have a bone marrow biopsy tomorrow. Hopefully up for my stem cell transplant later this year if I can rebuild my strength and keep my BP to reasonable levels.

3 Likes

Rush was on hold after their untimely passingā€™s. Actually it was Neil Peart after the Motorcycle ride through the Americaā€™s who ā€œput the Band back togetherā€.

1 Like