RMAF 2019 Rank Your Top 3 Speakers

Pretty much everything. Musical top to bottom, balanced - i.e. nothing “sticking out”…just Good Music coming out of them. Awesome front end on them, for sure, Auralic Aries G2, Ayre VX-R and KX-R, but at the price, if I were shopping in that range now, I would seriously consider buying 'em. Though frankly its not like I’ve been shopping that range, so I couldn’t even tell you what its competitors are at the moment.

I would, based on what I heard (apologies Rich V. fans) take them over the KANTOs at +$9 or 10k.

So help me understand, how do they better the Vandersteen. Is it slam or dynamics, that I can understand. Missed the Dalis, not in my price range either.

Just looked up the Dali Epicon 8, if I have it correct they are $19k for the pair. For what it’s worth Tone Audio did a review that was positive and worth a read. If they are as good as Tone Audio indicates it really says something about the Kentos pricing at $37k. I know I’m comparing apples to oranges.

That’s what I was saying.

Nonetheless, I preferred the sound of what I heard - which is to say - totally different music with totally different front ends.

The Wharfedales were the Evo 4.4s. I thought they were amazing, but when I heard the price I thought they were a Must Have.

Thanks for the model info. I’d agree I was impressed initially, but at the price…
as you say “A No Brainer…”

Easily one of the best if not the best value I heard at the show

Alsyvox was excellent (when not played too loud)
Sonus Faber Olympica was very good but the room was too big for them
Vienna Acoustics & REL was quite nice
Polk Audio new-SDA was a surprise, way better than expected

I just got a pair of these hooked up to my SGCD + S300. Fabulous!!!
I have them 1.5’ (0.45m) from the back wall, toed in to the listening position (10’ or 3.5m from the back wall).
Great imaging and sound stage extending all the way beyond the speakers (left - right).
Solid base - quick and full.
Great detail.
Build quality and finish is superb. Get the stands with them. These are also super.
I can highly recommend them.

I am selling my FOCAL Aria 926 - in case anyone is looking.
(I’m located in Luxembourg - Europe).

Wharfedale is making great strides in higher end speakers right now. I absolutely LOVE my Wharfedale EVO 4.2’s. Stunning, esp considering to the price.