Running Two Separate PowerPlant Units

That was the case when I was running 15 amp cable and input on the P20. Now, with a 20 amp cable I am way in tolerance at 62% with all the gear plugged into it.

5 Likes

On my end, the entire system (all sources, preamp, two subwoofers, monoblocks), including 2 Pass-Labs XA160.8 monoblocks, are fed by a P20 (20amp dedicated run).

Itā€™s about 68%, and to my ears sounds better on a variety of ā€˜audiophileā€™ dimensions when compared to directly fed from the wall. To further contextualize, local THD-in levels are typically within the 3.5%-6.5% range.

Guy

3 Likes

Here in the UK we tend to use ring circuits. I have a dedicated ring for the hifi (if it wasnā€™t for things like solid floors Iā€™d redo it with individual circuits). I used to run everything split across two P10s but thatā€™s all changed because I decided that the P10s might perform slightly differently. The main two channel system is basically digital but thereā€™s other kit to form a 7.2.4 system. I now have:

• a stellar P3 for the complex digital front-end. This has things like reclockers and I ensure isolation between elements wherever possible (e.g. galvanic or optical). There are many Shunyata Delta NRs in this section.
  • a P10 for the digital crossover (3-way), the dacs (Directstreams), the amps (two BHK250s, two big Crowns for bass) and a splattering of reclockers. At present I use optical to the dacs. All power cables are AC5s.
  • a P10 for the Denon home cinema amp (left and right pre-outputs feed the ADC in the crossover for the left/right channels), amps for centre channel, ceiling channels, subs. Iā€™ve had an issue with subs humming so use 1:1 transformers in the single-ended feeds.

Overall I donā€™t see a problem having multiple regenerators. I do however use LPSs and iFi AC, DC, USB, Lan isolators wherever possible along with optical (at present I donā€™t have anything thatā€™s higher resolution than 192/24 as the digital crossover doesnā€™t support anything higher, nor does it support DSD).

4 Likes