Seeking Popular Songs For Demonstrating Audiophile Systems to Non Audiophiles

John Hooker. Cream. Live blues is hard to beat even with marginal recordings.

1 Like

My mains roll off around 25. Will play around with some alternative settings. Still waiting for more direction from REL on proper set up.

1 Like

WRT Live Blues, especially in person. Will check the album out as it is not currently in my collection.
On order.
Thx.

1 Like

Andrew Robinson has a pretty good list and also descriptions on why he chose them. You can find it and the link to Tidal on his YouTube channel.

2 Likes

My 3 personal favorites are:

Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (Your Latest Trick, Ride Across the River)
Dishwalla - Opaline (Every Little Thing)
Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing (Witness, Angel)

2 Likes

Earth, Wind & Fire cannot be overstated. Between the mid 70s and early 80s, they created some of the most well-orchestrated music I’d ever heard.

2 Likes

I like the “their (his) first album” reference. Tom Scholz was not a team player. His interviews completely ignore that Boston was a band, but rather a one man effort. That despite the pleading in the first record’s liner notes to, “listen to the band”. More like, “listen to me!”

RATM on SACD!?!?!? Who knew! I’ve just seen one sold on ebay for £100+. eeek.

3 Likes

They have two on SACD and they both sound great, more dynamic, less treble than original CDs:

1 Like

Prince Original “You’re My Love” is a great song to demonstrate systems.

1 Like

I am now at 28 Hz on the bottom and 44 on the top sub in my 2x2 stack system. Just installed the baseline blue cabling and I am surprised at what a difference the cables make on the N25 subs.

2 Likes

I agree the bass-line blue cables made a remarkable difference for me too.

I just have to believe Tchaikovsky’s 6th would just sound so immersive on your rig. Also I’m surprised nobody mentioned Stevie Ray Tin Pan Alley.

1 Like

The Who–Tommy

1 Like

The Eagles Hell Freezes Over. Well recorded and everyone knows at least six songs on it plus it is live

Led Zeppelin the Rain Song. house of the Holy

Lou Reed Walk on the wild Side

If they are 30 or Younger
Nirvana Unplugged MTV special.

Or TLC No Scrubs

Sublime Sublime album . Santeria or What I got.

4 Likes

The Price is Right Theme song would be funny.

2 Likes
1 Like