Server Troubles?

Earlier today I refreshed the browser of my iPad to get the “New” posts. Well it refreshed to a blank white page. It was like that for a while, but a couple hours later I tried again and the site came up almost normal. Was this a server problem or something at my end? I’ve had this happen at least three times in the last few months so something is not right. The only thing different this time is after refreshing the main page (with all the new topics) is slightly enlarged such that I see about 95% of the page. I have to “pinch” the screen to get to fit properly each time I return to it. Not a big deal but thought it should be noted.

I have experienced several server timeouts in the last couple of days. This may be related.

I haven’t experienced any timeouts since we moved servers to AWS. Please do keep me informed on this as we’re keeping an eye out for any such trouble. If it occurs it may be something problematic with the website itself and not the server (unless Amazon goes down).

I experienced one brief outage when trying to control my P5 - not sure if those servers were involved in the change or not, but in any case, it was quite short.

FWIW… whatever you had been running this site on before, IMHO a change was definitely needed…:slight_smile:

Bob said

I experienced one brief outage when trying to control my P5 - not sure if those servers were involved in the change or not, but in any case, it was quite short.

FWIW… whatever you had been running this site on before, IMHO a change was definitely needed…:slight_smile:

Hi Bob,

We are currently migrating our Powerplay system and service outages are expected, although this maintenance is not related to the OP’s issue. With any luck we should be done with Powerplay in the next few days. There are messages relating to the maintenance on all the portals to access Powerplay, and of course when we’re all done we’ll take those down. We definitely agree that a new hardware platform is needed for this system in order to improve the performance!