Should I upgrade - p12 to p15

Hi everyone

I’ve currently got a p12 and I really like it. It’s become an essential part of my system.

I’ve just been offered a great deal on a p15. Should I upgrade? I don’t need more power output or plugs and wondering if there’s any other benefits that would make it a worthwhile upgrade?

Thanks.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it will sound noticably better. I went from a P10 to a P15 and certainly didn’t need the extra “power”. . . I’d say there was perhaps a 10 percent increase in sound quality. The best thing in my case was I could use the P10 in another system, retained ownership of it. Win win in my case.

1 Like

Not knowing what kind of gear amps etc you have and current draw…
it is hard to say…

However if you are considering future amp upgrades…it could
be very wise to upgrade P12 to P15 …especially now with the
Power Play promo…

Like yourself my P12 is the foundation of clean power for
my system…and while my P12 is more than capable of providing
essential clean power for my current system…My plans
are to upgrade to a new amp eventually.

I went for the Power Play promo my P12 will soon be on it it’s way
to a new home…to do for it’s new owner what it has been
providing for me since I got it…and a new P15 will soon be arriving
at my home…power wise my system will then be ready for a
larger amp.

Without the promo…plus a purchaser for my P12, the P15 would have been out of reach …“unobtaniums”

So if you can swing it go for it…

Happy trails

1 Like

Thanks.

I’m running a bhk250, BHK pre, DSD and a lumin U1 mini from my p12 at the moment. It’s using about 20% of the p12’s power output.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing…if you were to upgrade to a set of less
efficient speakers that require more of your BHK 250.

If you are happy with your P12 and have no plans of upgrading
your amp or adding more power demanding equipment…then you
may not need to upgrade…

However upgrading to a P15 should be considered particularly now with the Power Play promo if upgrading equipment could occur in the
foreseeable future.

Best wishes
Happy trails friend

2 Likes

Thanks for such a balanced and helpful response.

This is my p12 running the BHK 250, BHK pre, DSD and lumin U1.

2 Likes

I just upgraded my P12 to a P20. When I get it I will compare the two and report back. I was told the bigger units sounds better. We shall see.

3 Likes

It is my understanding that the P12 , P15 , and P20 use the same technology but at various capacities, which means, to me, that they perform similarly as long as they are handling appropriate loads. The P15 and P20 use copper bus bars, while the P12 uses an alloy that performs on a par with the bigger brothers. The P12 uses a cooling fan, but the P15 and P20 rely on massive heat sinks. When using the 15A inlet on P20, it restricts wattage capacity to something close to P15.

2 Likes

The simple quick answer is yes. Not because it’s a great deal but because the improvement level from a P12 to a P15 is one of the bigger leaps we have on offer. I see you’ve gotten plenty of advice, but this is what I would suggest. Grab the opportunity when you can.

2 Likes

Yes. It’s not just about capacity.
When I went from P5 to P12, the difference was very nice.
When I then went to a P20, the improvement in every respect was huge; beyond expectations.

2 Likes

Selling my P20 for $5295 shipped. Get the best and never look back from a sound qiality, upgrade and/or system capacity perspective. It’s mint and under warranty until June 2021.