Sonore Signature Rendu SE optical vs opticalRendu?

My server is far far away in another room connected to a switch in the listening room. The switch then connects to the EtherRegen B side with the Inakustik CAT 7 and from there it’s A side single mode optical out to the Rendu.

I have an opticalModule which I’ve never hooked up but have been tempted to use it in the same way you are, between the Rendu and EtherRegen. I’m hesitant as it might lead me down the road of needing to add yet another LPS.

1 Like

I got mine from worldwide wholesale also. No problems at all, fast responses from Robert and fast shipping.

1 Like

Have you tried the Finisair multi-mode units, and compared these with TP-Link?

Nope.

OK thanks, but as far as I understand you can use both simplex (one fibre) and duplex (two fibres) with single mode. Which one do you use?

I use duplex, this one.

@aangen - it’s been six weeks. Are you ready to sell it? :wink:

1 Like

Nope. It stays with me. I plan to use it again soon. Fun that you asked though! :grinning:

3 Likes

I was reading back through the thread and noted that you said “NEVER”. I was just wondering how long “never” really is.

I believe @aangen must have a supply room of audiophile gear so never is more than likely never but I think I was in line first for the Sonore. Lol

1 Like

I don’t want the Sonore, I was just testing his commitment to “NEVER”. :wink:

1 Like

I know I’m having some fun and Al is a fun guy! I’m currently using an Auralic Aries right now so I also don’t need a Sonore but I’m always curious! Hope all is well with you Vince!

1 Like

There’s no doubt in my mind that Al is a fun guy. I was hoping to be at AXPONA this year and meet some of you characters, including Al. I don’t know if it’s going to happen this year. If not, then I will make a big attempt to be at '22.

All is well here. Just going through the challenges of swapping out an AVR and reprogramming Control4 to behave.

I will be at Axpona at least one day since it’s only a 30 minute drive for me. I’m bummed PS Audio won’t be there I’m also concerned how many other companies who were done wrong last year that won’t be there either.

1 Like

Probably too early for any meaningful AXPONA 2021 information. I do have an email to Liz regarding their advance ticket sale policy should COVID result in a 2021 cancellation. I would like to go this year, but exhibitor treatment following the 2020 cancellation has resulted in caution regarding advance purchase.

I may do the RMAF 2021, and if so will drive versus fly.

I think it’s safe to say that any conference this year isn’t going to be like 2019 or prior. I have an Epic conference in Verona, WI this August that I most likely will not attend. The thought of spending 8-10 hours in a mask is not appealing to me. I know our front-line caregivers do this every day, and I have heartfelt appreciation and respect for their challenges. But, for me, I am not used to doing that, and I don’t want to learn how for three days of in-person conference sessions and meetings.

I believe the company behind Axpona made critical errors last year dealing with the cancelation of the event due the Covid. I think they may have screwed the pooch. I don’t think this year is going to be worthy of consideration.

Sadness! How will I find all the new gear I need to buy?

@aangen: I agree, which is why I emailed Liz at JD events. My decision to attend AXPONA will be based on (1) Liz’s response as to how cancellation will be handled, (2) what exhibitors will be present, and (3) the state of COVID as we enter fall 2021.
That and there is always RMAF, if cancelled, no biggie as there is plenty to do in Colorado, even with a pandemic. Chicago in late October is more iffy regarding outdoor opportunities.

1 Like

@vkennedy61, should you attend the Epic “wing ding” I can shoot you a list of Live Jazz events for August. They are outdoors in Madison, Wi. and conform to the most current Madison/Dane County COVID precautions.

2 Likes

I think you will have to go to Colorado for RMAF.

1 Like