Sonus Faber Olympica Match

Hello all,

I was wondering if there are any Sonus Faber Olympica iii owners out there who have or are currently mating with the PSA BHK250 amp. They are a 4ohm load with high sensitivity, but I understand that this speaker may have its dips under 2ohm. Curious if anyone has had any experiences and if so, your impressions. Thanks!

I drive my Olympica III’s with PSA M1200 monoblocks with no ill effects. Even though they are different topologies, I suspect the BHK would perform similarly as they share the same lineage.

1 Like

The BHK 250 wouldn’t have any trouble driving the Olympica IIIs. In the rare times they do drop to 2ohms, the 250 doesn’t have a problem with this. Would make for a great speaker/amp pairing as well!

2 Likes

Thank you, James. I was asking on behalf of a member looking to purchase my BHK250 and planned to pair with the Faber’s
Stay well

@cocobean1 Let me know how that works out. I auditioned the SF Olympica Nova III’s using my PSAudio M700’s and had no issues. Granted that I was not driving them too hard. Shall be taking delivery of them tomorrow.

At some point in the future, I will be looking to upgrade my amps and the BHK 250 is one of the options.

2 Likes