Sound quality with P12 vs P15 vs P20

Curious. What kind of noise does the p20 show w your solar panels? I had fairly good numbers 1% inbound / .1% outbound.

I love my PPP and P10 and P15. But I donā€™t eat my fries with ketchup. Believe me, Iā€™ve tried. Not for me! :wink:

2 Likes

do the Pā€™s generate much heat, if any? (Just curious how much airspace they need.)

My P20 is slightly warm to the touch like 300ā€™s, and seems to be rock steady with 40% usage. Itā€™s converting a nasty 7.8% in coming line distortion to 0.1% out. This is even after installing a separate 20a line with 8ga. wire. Garbage in with no garbage out. Guess I am having my fries with ketchup.

2 Likes

donā€™t forget a hint of vinegar for a leeetle extry zing you know like vinegar potato chipsā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

To me the difference is more like a good cup of coffee at a restaurant somewhere, and my organic Mexican medium roast made with my Melita #2 filter system at home.

No other coffee really does it for me, nor do systems without regenerators.

1 Like

Mustard no ketchup!

I saw zero difference before and after solar (heard no difference too). Micro inverters on 14 panels. THD varies more with transformer load. When itā€™s hot and more AC units are pulling energy my THD goes down! Lightly loaded and I see my peaks of 2.5-3.5% incoming THD.

Iā€™m seeing 2.2% THD in, on a very sunny cool day at peak solar generation. At night it was 2.7%. Interesting. Iā€™ll be checking out those numbers under different circumstances out of curiosity.

Yes my inbound apparently is pretty good at 1%. I live in a 20 year old subdivision surrounded by farms with the lines buried - but still in what is considered a more urban like area.

So far the worst is when my AC is running as it hits 3% incoming distortion.

Interesting, you spurred my curiosity, no AC running incoming THD is 2.7-2.8%, remotely turn on AC and incoming drops to 2.5-2.6%, returns to 2.7-2.8% when off. Volts in and out didnā€™t change.

P10. I typically see <3% incoming, 2.3% is most common, 0.1-0.2% out with the very rare 0.3% out when incoming is just over 3%.

I hear no difference in sound through these changes and so it certainly has met and well exceeded both my goal and expectations.

It doesnā€™t matter, Iā€™ve only tried a P15 so it evens out. So to speak.

2 Likes