Speaker distance perfection

utility shelves

That unit was built by a guy called Simon who deigned and made a very good compact storage system called Blok, that he sold to Monitor Audio. He now just makes bespoke furniture, kitchens etc. I no longer use it for audio - my wife uses it every day in her clinic for all her bits and pieces.

I’m sure having something so large between the speakers did the sound no good at all. Now I just have a soft chair and the speakers closer than before. This is miles better, plus no TV screen to bounce sound off.

I still have most of that hifi, the drinks have been rehoused. That was meant to be a cheap project - I saw a draw unit in an auction and bought it the next day - it cost more to convert than planned, but it tastes good.

6 Likes

I could do with drawers like that in unmodified form.

My wife is making worrying noises about a trip to IKEA.
Whilst I like older furniture, the ikea stuff is at least quite well designed, maybe she will bring me back something like that :slight_smile:

Nifty.

I got it at Lots Road Auctions, but there are plenty about. There’s a general auction on Sunday, some interesting things, even some music memorabilia. Lot 445 is for you.

Like half the world I did our house up with IKEA when the kids were small and the annoying thing is it doesn’t fall apart and give you a reason to change it.

Ha yes that’s the kinda thing. I’d just fill it with junk and then need another one though, more to the point I have nowhere to put another piece of furniture, we have a couple of big things in the garage waiting for space already :slight_smile:

A lot of this stuff is cheaper than IKEA. I bid online and sent the wife down to collect it!

1 Like