Stellar Gain DAC / ROON ROCK / USB - standby issue

Hi All,

I recently installed a SGD attached to my NUC7i5BNH via USB (StraightWire USB / AQ Jitterbug). All SW is at the latest builds.

During short term listening everything seems great, sounds excellent. Wanting to speed up break-in, I have a 7 hour playlist on repeat (have also tried WXPN radio stream).

Few hours in the SGD goes into standby, leaving ROON just skipping from one song to the next, plays maybe 1 second, then skips on).

Turning the unit back on from standby (just blue PS Audio logo lit), display comes up as normal but no change in Roon (skipping) and no sound. Off and on from remote, no change. Turn SGD off at main switch on rear, wait 30 seconds and turn back on and ROON transport stops skipping and is in Pause state as if nothing happened. You can press play and listen away.

Seems strange, and connected to long play times, and I can’t find any reference to a standby mode on the web?

Am I unlucky enough to have a duff SGD? Or some kind of incompatibility? If use my little AQ Dragonfly in place of the SGD with everything else being equal, no problems.

Today I’m gonna swap in my MacBook and Audirvana, leave the rest of the setup the same with the SGD and see what goes!

Cheers

Sean