Step up/down transformer bad for sound quality?

@tboooe The more I think about this the more I think I should have told you that if you take the Power Plant with you to Japan, you probably don’t need a step up transformer at all. Sorry, I should have thought of this earlier. The Power Plant has enough range to give you a good 115 or even 120 out with 100 in and that’ll be fine for the PWD. No need for a transformer at all.

tboooe said: And yes, I intend to have a headphone system there. My brother has been trying to get me into it for a long time now so I figure I will take this opportunity to take the plunge! Should be fun!

You will have a blast! There is wonderful equipment available, it is a very different approac to audio, and even well known music reveals different things. Plus, it is easy to transport. :)

Keep us informed!

@birddogthecat; Thanks for the Caskers link, I’ll check this out. Lately my friends and I have been into Bourbon and Elmer T. Lee has been at the top of our list. Elmer passed away recently and we are not sure if his signature spirit will continue to exist as it’s production was personally supervised by Mr. Lee. I would highly recommend a bottle if it is available at the beach! B-)

@wglenn lots of rare Bourbons at Caskers…VERY RARE.