Stereo Times DS Review

You’ll be surprised …just sayin’

Got a link, Bill

Mr_Bill said You'll be surprised ....just sayin'
Got a link, Bill? I cant find it.

Quote from http://stereotimes.com/post/stereo-times-high-end-2014-munich-report/

Finally got a chance to hear PS Audio DSD DirectStream DAC and have to confess the differences I heard, in a small makeshift room were pretty impressive. Keep in mind, the music I heard was first played back in standard Redbook (16/44.1) then upsampled to what Paul McGowan, president of PS Audio, claims is 10-times greater than that of DSD resolution (2.8MHz). I do know the immediate differences were: greater ambiance, definition in bass - especially imaging - and just an overall more natural feel to the overall recording. With the DirectStream DAC capability of upsampling anything can you throw its way via its seven digital inputs, I find its $5995.00 retail price rather impressive.

munPS.jpg

It’s right on the front page.

http://www.stereotimes.com/post/ps-audio-perfectwave-directstream-dac/

A writer who enjoys his words:

It provides a pristine pellucid pane . . .”

“. . . a magnificently musical marvel . . .”

A spectacular review. Paul, Ted and clan deserve to feel exceedingly proud.

And the conclusion:

"After listening to the PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC for the past few months it is my opinion that DirectStream represents a new benchmark in audio reproduction. Notice that I didn’t say “digital audio reproduction.” In other words, in my view the PS Audio DirectStream is the most musically and technically capable device of any type that I’ve ever had the pleasure to evaluate. My heartfelt congratulations go out to Paul McGowan, Ted Smith, and PS Audio’s excellent design team for making DirectStream a reality for those of us who truly love our music.

“At nearly $6,000, DirectStream is not inexpensive, but by today’s standards for the wealth of musical improvement it offers, I consider it a bargain. Personally, I had to stretch my budget to buy the review sample, but frankly after hearing the immediacy, dynamic capability, and immense soundstage that DirectStream provides I couldn’t bear to send it back.”

stevem2 said And the conclusion:

"After listening to the PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC for the past few months it is my opinion that DirectStream represents a new benchmark in audio reproduction. Notice that I didn’t say “digital audio reproduction.” In other words, in my view the PS Audio DirectStream is the most musically and technically capable device of any type that I’ve ever had the pleasure to evaluate. My heartfelt congratulations go out to Paul McGowan, Ted Smith, and PS Audio’s excellent design team for making DirectStream a reality for those of us who truly love our music.

“At nearly $6,000, DirectStream is not inexpensive, but by today’s standards for the wealth of musical improvement it offers, I consider it a bargain. Personally, I had to stretch my budget to buy the review sample, but frankly after hearing the immediacy, dynamic capability, and immense soundstage that DirectStream provides I couldn’t bear to send it back.”

Good news. Nothing we don’t already know! After Mr Bill’s initial post I was half expecting a negative review.

It is also on our DirectStream Page a GREAT review.

Elk said A writer who enjoys his words:

It provides a pristine pellucid pane . . .”

“. . . a magnificently musical marvel . . .”

A spectacular review. Paul, Ted and clan deserve to feel exceedingly proud.

Thanks Elk!!!

It’s always been a rule of mine as a budding writer - always avoid alliterations!

Absolutely! :)