Sunlight: Installation and Technical Issues

I just tried with Chrome and Edge as well and both worked for me. Are you still having trouble downloading it?

1 Like

Now it works as expected!

2 Likes

Hi Henrik, I know I.m replying to an old post, but I had the same problem as you after trying Windom for a week an the going back to Sunlight. When I bought my Directstream DAC, Sunlight was already installed and I never had any problem. When I re-installed Sunlight after trying Windom, then the volume problem appeared plus a constant fluctuation in the displays brightness. I called PS Audio on friday dec. 15 2023 and was very disappointed by the person who answered. He wasn’t helpful and didn’t care. Here is how I then solved the problem: I had downloaded Sunlight via windows 7 then Windows 10 with the same result. I then had the idea to download it via my PC running Ubuntu and voilà no more problem. So I think that Windows security did something to the code. The same thing happened when I updated my HPA4 preamp. Dan at Benchmark Media was very helpfull and sent me a new SD card with the update. To them it was a known problem mainly with client downloading the update from outside the US. I’m in Canada. I hope you or someone else will find this post helpful. I will leave with this comment:

1 Like

I will leave with this comment: I hope PS Audio improves their costumer service. I was very disappointed. Paul does such a great job with his videos, I was expecting a caring and more professional response.

Thank you for your post and information. I am sorry you had a bad service experience. Their service department is typically very good.

And welcome!

I am so sorry you had a problem. It isn’t what we hope for. Not by a long shot. Between CoViD and vacations we have absolutely been short staffed but still, that’s not an excuse just what’s happening. Again, apologies for any hardships or disappointments whatsoever.

1 Like

Thanks Paul for taking the time to respond. It’s really appreciated.

I do hope that my little adventure will help others with similar problems. I was really surprised that downloading Sunlight with a Ubuntu base PC solved my problem.

Paul I do have a question for you. Do you think that adding a digital to digital converter such as the Singxer SU-6 improve the sound of my Directstream mk1 DAC? Is the USB circuit well insulated and top quality to not require a DDC .

Thanks Paul. If you haven’t already done a video about this, please do.

Nicolas.

Joliette, Québec

Welcome to the forum Nicolas. A digital to digital converter can definitely do wonders for the PS Audio MK1 Dac, converted from USB to I2S since the best sound on that Dac is through the I2S input. You can also do DSD256 from I2S. But get a good quality HDMI cable as that also helps with SQ. Good Luck.

3 Likes

I don’t know about the particular one you’re referring to but I can tell you that the USB circuit in the DirectStream MK1 benefits from USB isolation. I know Matrix and that makes a difference that’s immediately obvious.

1 Like