Sunlight: Installation and Technical Issues

Thanks Ted,

it makes sense, there had been thunder storms in the neighborhood two days ago.

9 posts were split to a new topic: Bridge Volume Drops Unexpectedly

Hello,
I was reading a post regarding having some loud pops after installing sunlight, I just got around to installing sunlight. I am getting a pop/crack each time i push play in roon using quboz. I have check all the normal suspects, cable, power outlets, ect. I have even switched my DSD to another system, still getting this pop/crack using roon. Do you know if anyone was having the same issue and found any fix?

Thanks
Ralph

Welcome @Ralph_Gilby to PS Audio community!

I use Roon and in my case, pops happen only when playing a DSD track after a PCM, or the reverse, irrespective of input used (USB, I2S, LAN or SPDIF). They’re not loud enough to be a concern! Sound quality benefits of “Sunlight” outweigh these little sounds, so I decided to keep using it!

Hi Ralph and welcome,

There’s been a few references to this issue in this topic and others concerning Sunlight. I posted the following in this topic earlier this year.

Cheers,
Mike

PS You might check out the following that Ted just posted in the DSDAC MkII topic.

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/wishes-upcoming-psa-directstream-mkii/21746/1107?u=mikek

The pops and ticks with Foobar2000 isn’t solely an issue with the FPGA software. I experience the same issue with my Oppo 105D when it “pulls” from a playlist in F2K with PCM to DSD transitions and vice versa.

Edit: I am using Foobar2000 v1.6.8

I didn’t want to open a new topic given this is still open… I am just trying to download the DSJ sunlight v2 firmware. Unfortunately the download doesnt seem to work… not sure if its just me or if there is an issue?

I just tried downloading DSJ firmware. It stalled.

It downloads fine for me. Perhaps try another browser.

Worked for me as well. I’m using Chrome.

When I tried to download it it killed my brother.
He was sort of annoying so I have mixed feelings.

7 Likes

Best chuckle of the day!

2 Likes

Did you chuckle 929 times?

1 Like

That is quite funny indeed, but all of that is not of much help for @marcjones. I can download every single firmware from the PS Audio page, but Sunlight v2 for DSJ (this one) will not start downloading. Tried on Windows with Edge, Chrome, Firefox (latest versions) and on Safari as well. So maybe someone who succeeds in downloading can provide him with the desired file or someone at PSA can look after the download issue? I´m pretty sure something is buggy there.

1 Like

It stalls out here using firefox or edge. I just get the dreaded twirly thingie.
Must be something on PSA’s end?

2 Likes

I tried it using Firefox and Safari. Failed.

1 Like

Safari on a Mac, instant successful download.

Maybe clearing cache will do it

Hi I was not able to download the Dsjr Sunlight V2 firmware from the DOWNLOAD section. But I could do downloads of other FW. Pls advice how I could download the DSjr latest fw.

Patrick

1 Like

Yes, you’re correct. I’ll have someone look at it today. Sorry about that.

1 Like