System Factors where BHK 250 might be Too Close to Call with BHK 300?

Glad you answered your speaker question. My point about retail pricing was, having owned multiple pairs of Spendors, there are dealers willing to discount if you ask.

In regards to my ampifier choice comment, was simply suggesting the difference between the 2 amps in terms of cables, price, space required, speakers and sound quality comes down to personal choice. No one else can answer the question for you.

2 Likes

I went from the 250 to 300s under the old PSA dealer model. I sold the 250 for a good price and bought the 300s new from a dealer for much less than used ones sell for now. It was worth the money then. I wouldn’t do it under the current model unless I bought used. The exact same thing applies to an upgrade from a P10 to a P20. The improvements were real but small.

3 Likes

Thanks, good info.

Got it, thanks!

Yeah when D7 and D9 came out they were super highly acclaimed.

But since release of the version 2’s, for which the Improvements were kinda minor (internal bracing, minor crossover tweaks), there has been comparatively crickets in attention.

I haven’t had chance to hear yet- dealer hasn’t gotten pair in. I’m hoping eventually they do.

I think the D series sound fantastic. Not as high on A series or classic Spendor - little too laid back for my tastes. But D series has the in-house LPZ tweeter which I really like. (Ironically, some longtime Spendor faithful think it’s too bright).

The choice between class A Luxman and BHK will be difficult I suspect

1 Like

I am assuming the comparison between version 1 and 2 will take place using the same system, same room. I would love to hear your feedback.

I wish. Sadly I don’t even see how a head2head A/B comparison would ever happen that I’d be able to experience