System Photos!

Glad to see your priorities are in order!

1 Like

Are the holes in that sealing of the music / reading room for those LED spot / Speakers, will that be the the Wilson’s sole domain?

Looks like you’r not just changing the color of your kitchen. Chip Gains in Waco Texas will be jealous, he missed this London style “Demoday”.

Yes, the ceiling holes are for light/speaker units. There are fittings under the plaster so they can be flush mounted. Almost the whole house will have the light/speaker system, it is very different to 2-channel, it is more like headphones. The old kitchen was from Zeyko and was fine after 24 years, just very dated. My wife fancied a change, so she has a hole in the ground. One day it might look like this.

2 Likes

Looks good Steven. So not the Wilson’s in the music/reading room?

Yes, Wilson system and the immersive light/sound system.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Misc. Ramblings

Relocation was a good thing. Added a Sonos Beam for the plebes. Just have some tuning to do (note the CD by the turntable…I’ll be spending time with Paul’s dulcet tones in the next week or so)

Mike in Dayton

20 Likes

Still love the White Sox stuff all the way to Southpaw. What’s the story behind those baseballs?

Hell yeah Mike! Enjoy my friend!

That wall has Todd Frazier, Eloy Jimenez, Brett Lawrie, and my prize, Buehrle. Greatest Sox ever in my world.

Other wall:

Gordon Beckham, Ozzie Guillen, Joe Crede, Brian Anderson, AJ Pierzynski, Paul Konerko.

Weird collection I know, but I tend to get the guys I REALLY like vs the superstars. How many guys get excited about a Gordon Beckham ball, amirite? No stories to them. Mostly acquired via auctions or such. Thanks to the market, getting stuff signed at the park for old white dudes is well-nigh impossible. I also picked up a Tim Anderson signed bat last year. He’s another dude I really like to watch play. Anyhow. That’s the story. Go Sox.

Mike in Dayton

7 Likes

Fantastic collection! Mark Buehrle was the best…history!

Carlos May was a White Sox player that mattered to me as a kid. He served in the National Guard while a player. Lost a part of his thumb (his throwing hand) in a mortar accident while training. Still played ball after. Left an impression on my young self!

2 Likes

Mike, are those LS50 or LS50 Meta. What is your experience with the ISO Acoustics isolators? I am considering putting those below my Yamaha MSP 5 active monitors.

They’re the non-Meta LS50. I’ve yet to hear the Metas. I’ve had them for probably four years now I think. I still love them. Part of me wants Magnepans, but that would mean setting aside the LS50s and I’m not ready to do that.

As to the iso-acoustics…my ears weren’t good enough to discern a sound change, but I wanted them a little higher than my stands and they served that purpose. I like them. It was a good purchase.

Mike in Dayton

5 Likes

Hey Mike,

I see see you one of them there black spinny thingy’s that play music. I recollect having one of those. Had I known you a few years ago, my Nursery Cryme, Foxtrot (both 180g Acoustic Sounds), 200g Quiex Vinyl pressings from 2003 would have been yours my friend.

:v:t5::+1:t5:

2 Likes

Joe,

Those must have been fantastic. Those are pre-remix. I listened last night to my vintage Invisible Touch. Slowly but surely I’m growing my SACDs too. Got a copy of Foxtrot last week. The rest all look much harder to find and much more expensive. I had a Nursery Cryme that the vendor sent to the wrong place that the receiver failed to return. Pretty angry still about that because I forwarded that person’s mixup to her the next day. Ah well. Some people suck. Fortunately, here, nobody seems to. I’m blessed to have made such good hifi friends here.

Blessings,
Mike in Dayton

5 Likes

Thanks Mike, I have the same with my turntable, the new Thorens TD1601 is a dream turntable for me, but I just can not separate from my 40 year companion TD105 that keeps playing music like it’s new.

I am thinking about putting my monitors on isoacoustic iso-pucks. They are nice black matching the monitors. They have the same technology as the Orea, but cost 1/3rd . I am lucky the weight of my monitors matches the spec of the ISO-Puck perfectly.
My monitors are on a sideboard. The side board is sturdy but I hope the ISO-Pucks do make a difference.

1 Like

The other option to the ISO-pucks is the aperta tabletop stands, they’re also extremely effective:

Aperta Series | IsoAcoustics

Indeed, I looked at those, but my monitors are positioned high enough so the iso-pucks are my preference.

They released the Aperta Sub, which are 4 ISO Pucks in a ring, which seem to be a very attractive solution to support a sub, improve the quality and prevent boom at the neighbors. But it is too big for the KEF KC62 I fancy to extend the monitors in the bass region. So separate ISO-Pucks are the best solution there too. Perhaps ISO-Acoustic will consider making a smaller version of the Aperta Sub.

2 Likes

You got a KC62? How do you like it? I’ve got a little-bitty KEF cube and was contemplating whether it’s “enough”. Probably, given my room size, but I’d love to hear your impressions on the new one.

Mike in Dayton

Unfortunately not yet, but I think it is a mighty little subwoofer full of innovative technology.

Where I believe there is no better substitute for cubic inch than more cubic inch. I also live with the fact that I have very limited space and that a large subwoofer will never be approved by the interior designer who happens to be my wife.

The unicore balanced compact force cancelling twin driver design looks very impressive and promising.

The KEF has a close to the wall / confined space setting and LFE input that allows DIRAC in my NAD 568 toe manage the integration of the subwoofer in the system. I’ll let you know when I was able to put the budget aside.

I don’t want need massive SPL, the bass extension is what I am looking for.