System Photos!

22 Likes

Thanks, turntable started as a TNT 5 ( I think) but has been modded over the years, as has the 12" arm with a VdH EMT cartidge . I designed the other arm and am using a strain gauge cartridge. All electronics is my own.

Great looking system! How are you liking the BHK 300s with your Wilsons?

This Wilson system is gorgeous, silver and black colour matched.
Wife acceptance factor very high.

@Robertinok A very good friend used to have an electronics repair shop called Wizard Electronics. It looks like he has an unknown twin Wizard. He would be impressed. Very nice.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: We also love cars

Have you had a chance to post a picture of your SHL5+ yet? I’d love to see them!

Harbeths are just about the only speakers I think I’d be comfortable buying blind. I don’t think I’ve ever been disappointed in how they sound when I’ve had the chance to hear them.

`_**[quote=“twolf, post:1, topic:8910, full:true”]
Would love to see photos of everyone’s system I will start with mine:
IMG_1209
Pre - PS Audio GCD
Amp - Pass Labs XA25
Speakers - KEF LS50 (will be adding a larger floor standing when home addition is done and have a larger room)

PS. I searched and could not find a systems photo thread only separate or one off threads. Please move or close if I am wrong.
[/quote]

**_`

5 Likes

All in good time! They only come in one colour, walnut, so there are good pictures on the Harbeth website. I have quite a simple but increasingly effective system with a server arriving from Portugal next week rather than this week as expected. I need to sort out the cabling because I bought some Townshend Isolda EDCT speaker cables that are extremely fragile so I’ve just had Amazon deliver some plastic trunking so I can house them safely and away from power lines. The cables are made of flat copper plate and crease easily.

On top of which I need good daylight to take a picture and that won’t happen till the weekend.

We also ordered a nice new sofa / listening chair from Roche Bobois in the January sale and I’m not done till that arrives from France around the end of March.

9 Likes

I bought the P3ESR completely blind, but I already had SHL5+ and everyone knows the P3ESR are pretty marvellous. Think you have a pair at PSA.
I bought the SHL5+ after listening to SHL5 as there was a delay in finalising the SHL5+ crossover. I was going to get that model and they’s stopped making the SHL5.
I bought the SHL5+ 40th Anniversary blind as I was after walnut. The improved sound was an added bonus. The SHL5+ are still superb.

The key thing about Harbeth is getting the speaker best suited to the size of your room. It’s quite an easy choice, the main either/or is M30.2 or C7. Both are 2-way with same drivers. The M30.2 is the smallest possible box that they can fit in the 200mm Radial2 driver. The C7 is a slightly bigger, so has wider dispersion and goes a little deeper. The C7 is voiced slightly differently, a bit warmer by most opinions, but still razor sharp. All others are simple choices based on size/space/budget.

1 Like

We had a pair of P3ESRs here - they’re actually Darren’s, the same individual who bought the 30.2s. Unfortunately Darren took his P3s home…

Maybe once his 30.2s arrive he’ll bring them back in.

Looking forward to seeing your system once everything is settled!

Are those PBN M2!5? :+1:

They are M2!5. Along with PS Audio P12, DSDac, DsPlayer, BHK preamp, BHK 300 Monos.

5 Likes

Sitting on Isoacoustic Titan Theis speaker feet.

1 Like

Nice. I’m a huge fan of Peter’s work.

image Me too Michael! I upgraded from PBN EPS-2. Another great speaker. The M2!5 sound incredible. I replaced a Mcintosh MC302 with the BHK 300s. Took my speakers to a whole new level.

1 Like

I am currently building a system for Headphone listening and after some research the PS Audio came out on top on customer reviews and satisfaction. I was blow away by customers satisfaction statements, and as I came to find out, PS Audio systems are so high in demand and stocks are sold out so fast that there appears to be significant backorders. So, to own a PS Audio system you just must wait a bit. My 1st piece is the Stellar Gain Cell DAC, and I paired it with the WooAudio WES 2nd Generation and an OPPO 205, just could not find the Direct Stream Memory system, so I must settle for the OPPO 205 for now. Like all those who rave about PS Audio products, I am now a true believer. I do not say this lightly, I really mean it. My 1st system is a Sennheiser HD800 Headphone and HDVD 800 D/A amplifier with upgraded cables and AES/EBU cables coming from WOO Audio CD transport. Used upgraded power cables and XLR balanced cables too. Later got the Audeze LCD 4. Now upgrading: Stax SR-009s; Kimber Kable Ascent Power Cable x3; DC Cord upgrade for WES x1; Kimber Kable Select KS 1116 Balanced Cable x2; Nordost Heimdall 2 USB Cable x1; WOO Audio WES 2nd Generation; PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC; and I will be receiving in a few days PS Audio Direct Stream DAC; BHK Signature PreAmp (these will replace the Stellar and I will use the Stellar at work). I am currently using the system as shown with the Stax and the Stellar is magical in both sending music to the WES and streaming from my laptop via Nordost Heimdall 2 USB Cable. Power Conditioner is PS Audio Dectet Power Center and Power Port Classic. Updates forthcoming.

9 Likes

My humble system, sounds great, I have dedicated many hours on making it sound as good as possible with my budget, I enjoy it very much everyday! *Not shown: A Polk Audio 10" powered subwoofer, set beside the right speaker.

IMG_0100|690x387

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing, it looks great! What speakers are those?

1 Like