The Axpona 2024 Influence

Mine continue to break-in, and my only comment being battery charge has been less than anticipated.

2 Likes

As in no 8 hours sessions? That’s why i told you to get two pairs. Rotate them. Round and Round.

3 Likes

I have two pair, one in an unopened box. My wife informed me they are hers!
I have attempted to break them in overnight with a 10 hour pink noise session with little success. I need to pay more attention to my personal use and when to recharge. I estimate I am getting 4-6 hours before the batteries give up. I anticipated at least twice that. I am still trying to figure out where to stick the hollow silver sluggo with applied absorber.

2 Likes

Its worth the trouble to carry two. Sometimes I use my Sonys for backup just to torment myself. I am going to see if i can find the Technics.

For hard core listening I have Shure KSE 1200s that I strap to a high end portable. I have a few. Before I got back into Room Audio I was possessed madly about headphones and the things you plug them into. I have drawers full of high tech things that I never use anymore.

Clue, I have three advanced headphone amplifiers I had to have but have never opened.

Instead, I listen to my Samsung 10+ and my Anker headphones. It could be an early warning dementia thing. But I don’t think so.

(Break them in, in your ears! Why I oughta …)

2 Likes

Should I carry a spare pair with me I’d just lose them. Shure KSE 1200 for the gym, probably not for me. The Anker seem to get the job done as long as I pay more attention as to when to recharge them.

2 Likes

See edit.

1 Like

It will take forever…

2 Likes

Ear buds out, and now I hear an owl outside the window.

4 Likes

I actually took my last pair out of the box, used the tuning program to tune them to my ears, modified it slightly and just used them. Break in wasn’t suffering.
(I should mention that I wadded up a bunch of miracle 3M material and stuffed it you know where)

3 Likes

With mine it has been a sonic roller coaster since firing them up. After tuning them to my ears, they were a bit bright with a mid bass hump. After 10 hours they sound slightly closed in or muffled. Maybe it’s the Bruce Springsteen or Elton John Madman Across the Water. I believe mine need more time, less Bruce and less John. Gotta love that hump tho. Today’s plan is to wear them while waiting in line for RSD 2024, assuming they are fully charged.

1 Like

The programmed tuning was a blast but I could only listen for a half hour tops. It was driving my tinnitus crazy. It pained me to tone it down but now I can listen endlessly. It was a really exciting but too much so sound.

1 Like

I plan on revisiting it after a few more hours on them. In the mean time there certainly is a most lonely barred owl in the neighborhood.

1 Like

I try to get in 5-9 miles daily at a reasonably quick pace which is not always easy in Manhattan with the traffic, tourists and people walking like pregnant yaks reading their cellphones.

I’ve tried several times doing this wearing earbuds. It’s a very dangerous proposition when needing both eyes and ears functioning in super hero mode to avoid getting injured by buses, e-bikes, taxi’s and errant bicyclists. It dampens the enjoyment of getting lost in the music.

4 Likes

The last hotel I stayed in in NYC was in Koreatown. It was two steps down to sidewalk level. Once you commit to jump in the rapidly moving stream of people you had to match pace with or get those awful looks. And you had to MOVE at the streams pace.

I get you, loud and clear.

I love it there but no headphones on busy sidewalks. And big parks you have to be aware of what is overtaking you.

Fun town.

4 Likes