The next DirectStream update?

Do you guys also secretly check the resources page, hoping an update has been posted? Bedtime in Europe now, will see tomorow what happened…

:grinning:

That’s what I did with the US Midterm Election results - went to bed.

My daily philosophy is, “It Is What it Is”.

Ha ha! Good choice.

Is that you?

Yes, good conversations wander all over.

More importantly, this group likes a great deal of flexibility and chafes under anything resembling organizational tidiness. I have learned to sit back and be amused.

I move a good number of threads to their proper sub-forums but otherwise find it is best to leave things alone.

@ELK - Guilty - I’m a wander and apologize to speed racer… just to note - the Mach 5 is on my component rack. It was my son’s favorite car… it is special… can you name the buttons on the steering wheel?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Snowmass DirectStream DAC upgrade

Please post anything relating to Snowmass in the Snowmass thread.

Nope - my mid-20’s daughter. It was ironic, if that’s the word - actually coincidental - although we are certainly like-minded (though I have no tats), that I had adopted that philosophy (truly - just happened) over the course of the past year or so, and I mentioned it in a text to her. She replied that she had gotten a tat of it, and sent the photo.

• FYI - this post is directly related to the functioning of the DS DACs. It Is What It Is.
2 Likes

An amusing coincidence. One would even think you are related.

1 Like

Ok, Mr Beef … hereon be very careful what you say to that young lady.
And oh, btw, I can’t wait for the next DirectStream update…to go in my Directstream dac… made by PS Audio…

Ahhh… a Compartmentalizer ; )

Sometimes I try to be good. But I’m rarely successful.

Another zinger!

Sounds kinda like something Groucho would say. Is there attribution for that one?

I laughed so hard, my secretary almost fell off my lap.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Snowmass DirectStream DAC upgrade

I don’t want to be “right” here. The most typical for late Miles certainly is also what ELK and you said: ignoring audience, turning his back, playing to the floor.

The “adressing an audience member” story is at least multi-cited in books/stories. If it’s true or not, we don’t know. It’s just…from what is known about his late personality, I’d not immediately doubt it, but I’d also like to. I anyhow love to listen to his music. That concert I attended I guess was at the time of the “You’re under arrest” album which I extremely rarely listen to (just for musical reasons) :wink:

1 Like

I have heard the story before. It may be apocryphal, but is easy to believe.

A remarkably creative musician in any event.

1 Like

The story adds to his legend. i have my interpretations; I prefer marveling at the mystery of the artist.

1 Like