TSS Two Chassis Super DAC

I think I spoke a little about it in some post above on this thread or the other TSS threads (Cost no object edition of DS DAC or New high end PS DAC in the works)

My ears aren’t what they used to be, but it’s immediately apparent that the bass is tighter: more controlled and deeper. E.g. I heard double basses in places I only noticed single basses before. The articulation of the bass is more apparent (e.g. on Shaggy’s “Lucky Day”)

The playing is more effortless, there’s more ease, never any sign of “running out of gas.”

One of my favorite things is “a darker background”. That always makes many things better: more inner detail, more dynamics, more space around the instruments and better instrument placement, etc. With a blacker background by definition things are a little clearer which makes you want to turn things up a little higher than you used to. Like Windom a little extra loudness doesn’t cause any ear fatigue.

I very much enjoy listening to it and it drives me to play many things I haven’t heard for a while just to see what I hear now.

Still the first prototypes have a few problems that I’ve addressed in the new boards, some of which might further improve sound quality.

10 Likes