Turntable differences

As some of you may know, a couple years back I used to own a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB DC turntable. I now own a Music Hall mmf 2.3SE.

From what I can tell, they are identical except for the tonearms. The Pro-Ject uses a full carbon tonearm and comes with an acrylic platter. The Music Hall comes with a different style carbon tonearm with an aluminum headshell and a plain steel platter.

Both use the same plinth, same 15v DC motor, same built-in speed box, yet the Pro-Ject is priced at $599 and the Music Hall sells for $750.

You would think the Pro-Ject would cost more since it comes with the acrylic platter and all carbon tonearm. The platter alone costs $125 if you purchase it (which I did for the Music Hall).

Now I’m not complaining at all, nor am I have buyer’s remorse. In fact, I purposely chose to go with the Music Hall because for whatever reason, I think the tonearm on it is better than that on the Pro-Ject, mainly because of the style/design of the bearing on it and how the tonearm actually feels when I lift and and move it about. I could be totally wrong on that however.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here had more info on the differences between these two tables, and as to why the Music Hall is $150 more. I’ve searched and searched and couldn’t really find anything. In fact, can’t really find anything on the mmf 2.3SE period.