Two different amps is nice

If, like me, you don’t want to eat the same food at every meal, having two very different sounding amps to switch in and out of your system is nice to have. And you don’t have to spend a fortune. It’s nice to listen for the large and also nuanced differences.

7 Likes

Agreed, I have 2 different pairs of speakers here and regularly switch from one pair to the other, they are all on the same type of amp at the moment, but I intend to get a small valve SET or something similar for the 15 watt rated and very efficient 50 year old speakers, then I’ll have two very different amp/speaker chains to swap between :slight_smile:
Do you swap often, and do you find different music suits different amps?

2 Likes

Me…well…I do the swappin’ around stuff using my Oppo 205’s media controller on my mobile…
I just go to settings and play with the distance settings and or trim levels for l/r speakers…

I pause the track …while make the changes …back up the track to where I started and play
again…

This changes things up such it seems maybe I swapped in different set of amps or speakers.
Gotta love the Oppo…lots of flexibiltity without having to get up from my comfy spot!

Yet it would indeed be nice to have another set of amps to switch in and out…Meanwhile good ole Oppo does the trick …

Once a gear head …well…you all know the rest… :grinning:

2 Likes

Same system mutliple DACs here.

3 Likes

I have a Tube amp and a SS amp for my headphone system.

4 Likes

It’s a pain for me to swap out amps in my main system. I don’t do it often. But I do have three systems, one just headphone, one for video and audio, and my main audio system. I enjoy using them all and have tweaked them all into monster systems imo. It’s great to be able to listen to either of the three and I enjoy the differences.

3 Likes

I have an upstairs bedroom near field system with a tube integrated, a TV/2nd music system using Strata, and a BHK system with Legacy speakers. My Focals have amazing midrange, the Legacies beat them at bass, huge soundstage, and projection. Both music room systems use my Directream and innuos front end. Fun to have choices.

3 Likes