Uptone Audio's Ether Regen for Real?

Whoops read too fast, good to go with Ultrarendu!

Hey, so you have to compare moving the Sbooster + Ultra to the Matrix right? @aangen

Will do, but first you need to tell me where to get the upgrade thingy and what part number to ask for. I think they have them on Amazon.

You have the 7.5V. If you want a second one, you can get from Upscale.

1 Like

Its that Inakustik Referenz Ethernet cable or WWPS7 driving the bridge2?

Inakustik Ethernet cable to the EtherREGEN and then Inakustik from the B port to the Bridge 2. I have two more Inakustik Ethernet cables on the way but it was an extremely long wait to get my second pair. Apparently trying to send something from Germany to the US was a no go for weeks. The virus issue has been blamed.
I have had to sink to Wireworld Starlight Ethernet cables. They seem nice.

Yes that was a while ago you ordered the second pair. The inakustik ethernet link to the streamer from my router was was eye opening in my setup. I went the shortest run. I am interested how even things are once you put Ultrarendu in and have the Referenz Ethernet.

1 Like

I have now successfully replaced my Ethernet cable feed to my EtherREGEN with a dual fiber fiber optic setup. I am listening to it now. It took nearly five full minutes to do. Of course I am listening to music I have never heard before but it sounds swell.

So I am one step closer to my big test. I think I will stick with the fiber connection for all future listening.

So my current configuration is fiber to the EtherREGEN, Inakustik cat7 between the A side and the Euphony PTS server, currently running Roon and outputting to my Matrix. Side B has another Inakustik cat7 cable to my soon to be yanked out Bridge 2, My plan is to replace the Bridge 2 with an Sbooster Plus Ultra MK2 powered UltraRendu connected to the Matrix chain.

@aangen, what Ethernet to fiber converter did you use?

I do not require one. My Cisco switch has a fiber port.