USB port on DS and Bridge card

I have some inquiries on DS and hope anyone who have experiences could help me on that

Sound quality from USB port of DS is same or less comparing with the USB port on the bridge card?

If connects DS to a Mac Mini, will Ethernet still sound better than USB as in PWD?

Thanks!

The USB on the Bridge is only for software updates (mostly when other methods fail). It can’t be used as an input for music files. My Bridge I and Bridge II beta sound better (the latter quite a bit better) than my Mac Mini over USB. Your results may vary but I’d be surprised.

stevem2 said The USB on the Bridge is only for software updates (mostly when other methods fail). It can't be used as an input for music files. My Bridge I and Bridge II beta sound better (the latter quite a bit better) than my Mac Mini over USB. Your results may vary but I'd be surprised.
Thank you! Steven

i recalled PS Audio joined Hi End Show in Germany and used DS linked with a Mac Mini via USB, I thought USB port on DS would be great enough to exempt bridge card.

Is bridge II available on the market yet?

B2 is still in beta but due out soon. Paul uses a modified Mac Mini which he says sounds better than his stock Mini. I couldn’t say how his Mini, or anybody else’s set-up, compares to B2. Just my own experience. The Mini is easier to travel to shows with as there is no need to set up a local network and I imagine that’s one reason Paul uses it.

Make scense.

Plan to link DS with popcorn C300 via Ethernet, need to buy a crossover cable and set same subnet on both side then ready to rock?