We also love cars

Every 911 (like every Alfa Romeo–thanks Satch) is a race car.
They did get substantially bigger but they’re all a hoot to drive.

2 Likes

1930’s Alfa Romeo race car cg problem: The seat positioned above the driveshaft sits too high. Solution: Split the output and lower the seat between them. And make it out of aluminum—while most cars of the era were cast iron.

Oh–also, four cylinders won’t be competitive. Ok, just bolt two together. Easy.IMG_0475

IMG_0475|666x500

A commercial worth watching

4 Likes

Cool ad.

This looks like more fun…gotta love it!!!

1 Like

ouch!

I remember seeing that one back in the day.

Evan - mine is the 997.2 from 2010.

Steve - I’d love to see your 911- I think we’re nearby each other. I take it yours is manual. I often do take mine out at night or on the weekends.

1 Like

2004 911 GT3, 2016 Macan Turbo, '10 Audi S4, '01 Audi S4 Avant. Driving instructor with Rocky Mountain Region, PCA…so, yeh, we love cars too!

1 Like

I want the Avant

I’m in Forest Hills, Queens. I’m sure we can arrange something some weekend. It is manual.

I lived in Park Slope for a while. What a pia, where to put the cars!

I hear you. Fortunately, in my case a long-ago former owner gave up a chunk of the tiny bit of land that goes with my semi-attached house and built a two-car garage (visible in the photo). Only one of the other thirteen houses in my unit has a garage. My house was built in 1913 and not a lot of people owned cars in those days. (The Long Island Rail Road station is practically across the street and the subway is a 5-6 minute walk, which helps.)

The Avant is lightly modified…coil overs, 993T brakes front, RS4 rear, high bias center diff, 18"s, manual of course, Miltek exhaust, MTM software…and original turbos, stiffer mounts for engine/trans/diff. :wink:

2 Likes

Today, whilst someone else was changing the oil in my Boxster S, another customer who I sort of know from our local cars and coffee club, asked me if I would like to try out his GT3RS. Sure.
A quick lesson in PDK operation and we were out on Route 80.
He said “just enjoy yourself”. So I did.
0 to 100 mph took seemingly the same amount of time it’s takes to go: “muutherf!!”. That’s it.
And more than once, at his urging, I went from 40 to 80 in what his iphone claimed was one second.
Was it fun? On the street, not for me. On the way home, I had a blast winding out my little Boxster, feeling that little cammy bump at 4000 rpm.
It reminded me of how incredulous I was at how much I enjoyed going from a big block Chevy to a 1750 CC Alfa Romeo way back in 1969.

Here are a few photos I took three years ago while at Seal Cove Auto Mueseum on Mt Desert Island,Maine. This car was awesome. A Peugeot fan dream ride.!!

n

1 Like

One more p-car!

3 Likes

I am going car shopping after Fourth of July. My question is can a retired guy who lives alone be happy with a 911 as his only car? How may out there with a 911 only?

1 Like

Oh that’s magnificent!