We also love cars

I’m this far from retirement (fingers held barely apart).
When they pick up my company car, I will buy a C4S as shown above. It will be my daily driver and every drive to Home Depot will be that much better and what I can’t fit in it, I will fit on it.

Don’t you get snow in New Jersey? My wife’s rear wheel drive 3 series is death without snow tires. Can’t imagine what a 911’s like.

1. It’s mostly about the tires. Get you some Nokia’s. Four! You need four!!
  2. A C4S is all wheel drive.
  3. I’ll be retired. I’ll wait for the plows to go by.
2 Likes

Any love for American muscle?

5 Likes

When I was in my late 20’s I had a new 911SC. It was my daily driver for years. Rain, shine, sun, snow. It was like a tank in snow thanks to the Dunlop tires that were standard. It never lost its ability to track in snow although it’s heater wasn’t great. I loved it but we all do things we regret and I sold it for not much less than I paid. I’d buy it back in a second.

2 Likes

Absolutely. My favorite car is still my (long gone) '67 small block Corvette.
And I had a 1970 340 Challenger that was great fun. It was a torqueflite and with 3:90 gears and some mild tuning, ran 13.90’s.
I love cars.

1 Like

I had a 440 4sp Cuda with 4.10s…mild build. Fun!

Happy? Yes!
Unhappy? Yes!

Lots of fun and practical enough, but can be really expensive to maintain!

Would I choose another car? Nope! Love it! It’s my daily driver and use it for everything.

My 2009 C2S is my only car. No problem. These sport tires are awful in snow… no, wait, DANGEROUS in snow. Given these goofy Porsche tire sizes, there typically is not many options so… I purchased a second set of rims and put Michelin Alpin snows on them… Car is great in the snow with these tires. Porsche parts catalog lists tire chains as an option… car is fine in winter with the correct tires.

Plenty of storage space for travel etc… just a great all around sports car.

I have driven a Porsche as my every day, only driver since 2000. Only real issue is that the car won’t carry a sheet of plywood.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Would love a Porsche. 911 is an all-time favorite. A few years back I had a shot at an older one owner 911. The mechanic said it checked out great!. Just needed some PMs and would be all set. Price of PMs was about 5 grand. I knew at the point I may never own one. However the happy part was at 17 my first car was a (almost) Porsche 914. That car was a blast and I still have a soft spot in my heart for them. I also got to drive a 914-6 which was a real blast but they are few in far between.

Favorite car- My 1970 GTO. Latest was my good ol Z06. Next who knows but an Audi sounds fun. A used S4? The RS would be great but I think it is new over here and going for $$. (I can’t imagine a 911 even with snow tires in Colorado)

yes it will. Roof racks.

What Bruce did: 4 snows mounted on winter rims. With it’s weight distribution, it’s pretty good, even though even the snows are snow-shoe wide.
I drove two very snowy winters in a 1999 911 with four Bridgestone Blizzaks. I had complete confidence in it.

I like red cars

Markets-0084

3 Likes

Oh yes.

failure

I see cars everywhere

1 Like

2 Likes

A couple of Fiats, one seems to have a leaky radiator.

Mine did the same thing