What are you listening to/watching on YouTube?

YouTube is a source of many wonderful live performances. I wish they would release high quality audio for many of these.

While braving through the compression, what are you watching?

This is from a wonderful duo called Mandolin Orange. Great song writing, and that mandolin, though!

2 Likes

KEXP channel is a good one for discovery. I believe the audio compression is less on the higher bit rate videos, select 1080P or higher if you can and available of course.

How can you not love this guy

3 Likes

Nice!! Never heard of him but love this. I see he’s recorded with the Fat Babies. I’ve seen the Fat Babies at the Honky Tonk BBQ on the South Side, close to Sox Park, several times. Super fun. I picked up the CD, thanks!

1 Like

I saw him at a Chinese restaurant/Jazz club near me. He’s great.

@tensor9 Thanks for the pointer to Mandolin Orange. I enjoyed them, and will add their albums on Roon.

Glad to hear!

I’ll add another song a just discovered by Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings. This is a phenomenal performance, and song is hauntingly beautiful.

1 Like

the sound on NPR is usually pretty good.

2 Likes

Love NPR Tiny Desk. One of my favorites. I really like that, btw!

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Sounds great!

Love Lake Street Dive’s cover of “I Want You Back”:

Their album “Fun Machine” is available on Tidal!

Love it!!

I think I’ve actually stumbled across this before.

I’ve been a big fan of Lake Street Dive for a while now. Actually, it’s more about Rachael Price’s voice and Bridget Kearney on upright bass, but the whole thing works.

2 Likes
3 Likes

This. Just for fun.

5 Likes
1 Like

Lots of love for Tiny Desk Concerts. Also, for those curious about the bitrate on YouTube, it’s meh.