What are you spinning now? (Mark 5)

3 Likes

Just after the 4th one closed, I didn’t feel qualified to open a new one!

And now this :slight_smile:

Edit - it seems I did post the Sade on the mark 4 - I think I am obviously too tired and forgetful, and should probably go to bed…

3 Likes

4 Likes

Wow…Mark 5. Mark 1 was started some time ago, post rates weren’t so big back then, by @lonson. It’s similar to his massively popular thread, Jazz and Conversation, on the Hoffman site. Thanks Lonson!

8 Likes

Before my time - what on earth did folks post about before then?
Oh yeah - HiFi gear I guess, but these “now spinning” threads are much nicer places to be :slight_smile:

Meanwhile -

6 Likes

3 Likes

…another disc of the alternate takes. There’s an interesting version of Hey Jude. Makes me think of the amazing accomplishment of this song. My grandson only speaks in three word sentences (just over two years old) but instantly tries to sing along to Hey Jude. From thousands of adults in stadiums with lighters waving and singing in unison to two year olds just learning speech. It’s a heck of a thing.

Edit: the back in the ussr backing track gives me goose bumps…soo groovy (yes, I love ringo’s playing).

10 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

This is a nice sounding recording and just flat out swinging.

Edit A DR of 17 and…ahhhh.

4 Likes

IMHO, stated several times, this is the best NOLA comp ever! My beloved 2nd city.

1 Like

It’s that kind of Friday…The groovy Hard Day’s Night…

Oh ya, anyone near Chicago and has little kids in their lives, the Brookfield zoo with animatronic dinosaurs is awesome. My grandson roared along all day, special stuf.

I’m doing my bit for the economy. I’m buying my favourite digital music on Vinyl. This arrived today.

6 Likes

Please don’t talk about me when I’m gone…

4 Likes

Grateful Dead “Workingman’s Dead”

The 50th Anniversary edition of this album arrived today, out today. I listened this morning to the Mobile Fidelity SACD which to me on my system sounds fantastic. Then the new version arrived (3 cd, 2 of which are a live show mixed from 16 track from '71) and I listened to this version of the album. It sounds very good darker and thicker sounding than the SACD. If you have the SACD and don’t need the live show one can comfortably stick with the SACD. Except. . . man the lenticular slipcase cover on this is OUTSTANDING. Really a trip!

And this album has a cynically hopeful statement so ripe for this time: “One way or another this darkness got to give.”

7 Likes

1 Like

I know this is the live bb that gets brought up the most, great for sure, but live at cook county jail is my favorite of the two…by far.

7 Likes

My new Beatles.

1 Like
1 Like